[puredyne] xterm versus urxvt [was: new release of realtime audio+video distro]

Viktor Mastoridis Viktor Mastoridis

[puredyne] xterm versus urxvt [was: new release of realtime audio+video distro]

On 6 April 2010 07:13, Dan S <[hidden email]> wrote:
.....for example,
we changed the terminal emulator from xterm to urxvt - synaptic
wouldn't automatically get rid of xterm or install urxvt, ......

Ha!

I am mainly a 'GUI' user of many audio distros and never had a problem with the terminals, except in PureDyne (900 & 911). Somehow, something wasn't right, I missed definitelly the scroll-bar, menu and a few small possibilities of a 'normal' (in my eyes) terminal.

So, first thing I did in both (otherwise wonderful) releases was to install the xfce terminal and have it as a default.

My question is, what is the difference between xterm and urxvt (and xfce) terminals?

Am I doing something wrong, am I missing something obvious?

Viktor