[puredyne] xspect

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

[puredyne] xspect

Dear community,
has someone of You experiences with xspect developed by IRCAM?
Do maybee recommand other softwares for doing sound-analysis?

Björn Eriksson Björn Eriksson

Re: [puredyne] xspect

Hello!
Sorry to say I have not yet much experience of different sound analysis software, the only one I tested, and I found it rather intuitive and well is Sonic Visualiser - http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/ - which also is free GNU software.

There are probably a lot of them out there...   fill in, please.

All the best,
Björn Eriksson

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Stefan Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear community,
has someone of You experiences with xspect developed by IRCAM?
Do maybee recommand other softwares for doing sound-analysis?

Bernardo Barros Bernardo Barros

Re: [puredyne] xspect

Yes, there is also Praat. Both are really good, you won't miss ircam tools.

2010/10/11 Björn Eriksson <[hidden email]>:

> Hello!
> Sorry to say I have not yet much experience of different sound analysis
> software, the only one I tested, and I found it rather intuitive and well is
> Sonic Visualiser - http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/ - which also is free GNU
> software.
>
> There are probably a lot of them out there...   fill in, please.
>
> All the best,
> Björn Eriksson
>
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Stefan Thomas
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear community,
>> has someone of You experiences with xspect developed by IRCAM?
>> Do maybee recommand other softwares for doing sound-analysis?

Re: [puredyne] xspect

Yeah I like Sonic Visualiser a lot. Nice smooth interface, just
remember to install some plugins for it to make it do fancy things. As
it happens, it's mainly made by someone two doors down from me :) and
I have contributed some patches, am doing more work with it these
days.

Dan

2010/10/11 Björn Eriksson <[hidden email]>:

> Hello!
> Sorry to say I have not yet much experience of different sound analysis
> software, the only one I tested, and I found it rather intuitive and well is
> Sonic Visualiser - http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/ - which also is free GNU
> software.
>
> There are probably a lot of them out there...   fill in, please.
>
> All the best,
> Björn Eriksson
>
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Stefan Thomas
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear community,
>> has someone of You experiences with xspect developed by IRCAM?
>> Do maybee recommand other softwares for doing sound-analysis?

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

Re: [puredyne] xspect

Dear community,
I've tried to install Sonic Visualiser.
But it depends on some packages and libraries which are not in the repositorys;
liblo7,   liboggz2,             libvamp-hostsdk3
 Do You know where I can get them?

Ricardo Gabriel Herdt Ricardo Gabriel Herdt

Re: [puredyne] xspect

2010/10/12 Stefan Thomas <[hidden email]>:
> Dear community,
> I've tried to install Sonic Visualiser.
> But it depends on some packages and libraries which are not in the
> repositorys;
> liblo7,   liboggz2,
> libvamp-hostsdk3
>  Do You know where I can get them?

Hi Stefan!

The newest package is compiled for ubuntu 10.04, and pure:dyne is
based on 9.10. So you have two choices:

- download the source code and compile it. There are detailed install
instructions there.
- install a deb package from an older version of SV.