[puredyne] using scripts in a different run-level

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

[puredyne] using scripts in a different run-level

Dear community,
I've written some small but useful shell-scripts that I've put in ~/bin/
When I change the runlevel with the key-stroke <STRG+ALT+F1> the machine doesn't "know" anymore these scripts.
Does someone kno, how I could change this?

Claude Heiland-Allen Claude Heiland-Allen

Re: [puredyne] using scripts in a different run-level

On 21/06/10 10:00, Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Dear community,
> I've written some small but useful shell-scripts that I've put in ~/bin/
> When I change the runlevel with the key-stroke <STRG+ALT+F1> the machine
> doesn't "know" anymore these scripts.
> Does someone kno, how I could change this?

I have this in my ~/.profile so all my shells know where my scripts are:

if [ -d "$HOME/opt/bin" ] ; then
     PATH="$HOME/opt/bin:$PATH"
fi

(you can omit the opt/ part or otherwise adjust to your system)

Tested with bash (my preferred shell), but reading the zsh (Puredyne
default shell) manual page it should also work there.

Hope this helps,

Claude

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

Re: [puredyne] using scripts in a different run-level

Dear Claude,
thanks for Your help. It seems to work now!