[puredyne] updating?

Josh Lawrence-2 Josh Lawrence-2

[puredyne] updating?

Hi everyone,

I installed the latest puredyne on my laptop last night, and I was
please to see that no update manager popped up (yay!).  still, I want
to get the latest packages/bugfixes, and I know that updating can
sometimes be a bad thing, so:

is it ok to 'aptitude update && aptitude safe-upgrade' periodically?
is there a better way to do it?

also...

is synaptic the preferred way of installing applications, or aptitude
from the command line?  is there a difference?

I know I'm splitting hairs here, I just want to make sure.

thanks!

Josh