[puredyne] thinkpad audio problems

ddw_music ddw_music

[puredyne] thinkpad audio problems

My collaborator on a large dance/multimedia piece is having some major
problems getting any audio output except for the built-in speakers to
work using puredyne 9.11 on a ThinkPad (not sure of the exact model).

Plugging into the headphone out kills all the audio -- apparently a
common Ubuntu problem.

He's also tried two USB sound cards: a SoundBlaster (choppy output) and
a SoundBlaster X-Fi.. The X-Fi works with Skype but supercollider cranks
out some really grungy noise every five seconds or so.

I'm not very expert in this area -- any ideas?
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
[hidden email]

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal." -- Whitman

Ricardo Gabriel Herdt Ricardo Gabriel Herdt

Re: [puredyne] thinkpad audio problems

2010/9/12 James Harkins <[hidden email]>:
> He's also tried two USB sound cards: a SoundBlaster (choppy output) and a
> SoundBlaster X-Fi.. The X-Fi works with Skype but supercollider cranks out
> some really grungy noise every five seconds or so.

Hi James!

When using the USB sound cards, disable the Real-time option in jack,
it might help. If it still doesn't work, increase the frames/period
settings in jack and/or tweak the Periods/Buffer option.

Ricardo