Quantcast

[puredyne] software recommendation

is there a place to recommend software to be added to puredyne ?

Re: [puredyne] software recommendation

you've found it!

you can also file a tracker issue if you like -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/puredyne-live - not just for "bugs" but
also feature requests.

dan

2010/4/1 geoffroy tremblay <[hidden email]>:
> is there a place to recommend software to be added to puredyne ?

Re: [puredyne] software recommendation

hehehe sounds good - was working on a stop  motion movie on puredyne and here are few thing I installed :

phatch
stopmotion

a little synth that is sweet to have around :

nekobee

would be fun to have these by default - no big deal but complete well the multimedia flavour of pure:dyne

I'll check out the launchpad - I am still a bit afraid of posting thing there (seems way out of my league yet ;)

thanks

Rob Canning-3 Rob Canning-3

geoffroy tremblay said :
> hehehe sounds good - was working on a stop  motion movie on puredyne and
> here are few thing I installed :
>
> phatch
> stopmotion

i think i added stopmotion to the dvd image already... maybe not i'll check
i check phatch a while ago and it was a little "young" will check out how its
development is doing ... it certainly looked promising before....
have you looked at gphoto2? this can be handy for doing stop motion stuff - it
gives you command line control of your digital camera - if you get clever
and start scripting with it you can do things like sound activate your shots...

rob

> a little synth that is sweet to have around :
>
> nekobee
>
> would be fun to have these by default - no big deal but complete well the
> multimedia flavour of pure:dyne
>
> I'll check out the launchpad - I am still a bit afraid of posting thing
> there (seems way out of my league yet ;)
>
> thanks
>
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Dan S
> <[hidden email]<danstowell%[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
>
> > you've found it!
> >
> > you can also file a tracker issue if you like -
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/puredyne-live - not just for "bugs" but
> > also feature requests.
> >
> > dan
> >
> > 2010/4/1 geoffroy tremblay <[hidden email]>:
> > > is there a place to recommend software to be added to puredyne ?
> > > ---
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne
> > >

> > --
> > http://www.mcld.co.uk
> >
> > ---
> > [hidden email]
> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

--------------
[hidden email]
rob.goto10.org
--------------

Re: [puredyne] software recommendation

hay - that looks sweet gphoto2 - will surely give it a run
phatch has been quite smooth so far - got some rules saved for all the work I do - has been quite impress with it stability so far ~ but I don't use it for anything major (apart from resizing 900 pictures in one go)

I was wondering also for pure:dyne if there is something to take screenshot -

I used scrot since it so simple... should I add that to the wiki too ? (in the how to take a screenshot section ?)

thanks

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Rob Canning <[hidden email]> wrote:
geoffroy tremblay said :
> hehehe sounds good - was working on a stop  motion movie on puredyne and
> here are few thing I installed :
>
> phatch
> stopmotion

i think i added stopmotion to the dvd image already... maybe not i'll check
i check phatch a while ago and it was a little "young" will check out how its
development is doing ... it certainly looked promising before....
have you looked at gphoto2? this can be handy for doing stop motion stuff - it
gives you command line control of your digital camera - if you get clever
and start scripting with it you can do things like sound activate your shots...

rob

> a little synth that is sweet to have around :
>
> nekobee
>
> would be fun to have these by default - no big deal but complete well the
> multimedia flavour of pure:dyne
>
> I'll check out the launchpad - I am still a bit afraid of posting thing
> there (seems way out of my league yet ;)
>
> thanks
>
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Dan S
> <[hidden email]<[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
>
> > you've found it!
> >
> > you can also file a tracker issue if you like -
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/puredyne-live - not just for "bugs" but
> > also feature requests.
> >
> > dan
> >
> > 2010/4/1 geoffroy tremblay <[hidden email]>:
> > > is there a place to recommend software to be added to puredyne ?
> > > ---
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne
> > >

> > --
> > http://www.mcld.co.uk
> >
> > ---
> > [hidden email]
> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

--------------
[hidden email]
rob.goto10.org
--------------

Rob Canning-3 Rob Canning-3

geoffroy tremblay said :
> hay - that looks sweet gphoto2 - will surely give it a run
> phatch has been quite smooth so far - got some rules saved for all the work
> I do - has been quite impress with it stability so far ~ but I don't use it
> for anything major (apart from resizing 900 pictures in one go)

maybe you already know but the imagemagick tools rock for batch imageprocessing:
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

> I was wondering also for pure:dyne if there is something to take screenshot

also an imagemagick tool:

in a terminal:

import myscreenshot.png

super simple :)

HTH

rob

> -
>
> I used scrot since it so simple... should I add that to the wiki too ? (in
> the how to take a screenshot section ?)
>
> thanks
>
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Rob Canning <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > geoffroy tremblay said :
> > > hehehe sounds good - was working on a stop  motion movie on puredyne and
> > > here are few thing I installed :
> > >
> > > phatch
> > > stopmotion
> >
> > i think i added stopmotion to the dvd image already... maybe not i'll check
> > i check phatch a while ago and it was a little "young" will check out how
> > its
> > development is doing ... it certainly looked promising before....
> > have you looked at gphoto2? this can be handy for doing stop motion stuff -
> > it
> > gives you command line control of your digital camera - if you get clever
> > and start scripting with it you can do things like sound activate your
> > shots...
> >
> > rob
> >

> > > a little synth that is sweet to have around :
> > >
> > > nekobee
> > >
> > > would be fun to have these by default - no big deal but complete well the
> > > multimedia flavour of pure:dyne
> > >
> > > I'll check out the launchpad - I am still a bit afraid of posting thing
> > > there (seems way out of my league yet ;)
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Dan S
> > > <[hidden email] <danstowell%[hidden email]><
> > danstowell%[hidden email] <danstowell%[hidden email]>>

> > > ---
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne
> > --------------
> > [hidden email]
> > rob.goto10.org
> > --------------
> >
> > ---
> > [hidden email]
> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

--------------
[hidden email]
rob.goto10.org
--------------

Rob Canning-3 Rob Canning-3

Rob Canning said :
> geoffroy tremblay said :
> > hay - that looks sweet gphoto2 - will surely give it a run
> > phatch has been quite smooth so far - got some rules saved for all the work
> > I do - has been quite impress with it stability so far ~ but I don't use it
> > for anything major (apart from resizing 900 pictures in one go)

 maybe you already know but the imagemagick tools rock for batch imageprocessing:
 http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

> > I was wondering also for pure:dyne if there is something to take screenshot

 also an imagemagick tool:

 in a terminal:

 import myscreenshot.png

 super simple :)

 HTH

 rob

> > -
> >
> > I used scrot since it so simple... should I add that to the wiki too ? (in
> > the how to take a screenshot section ?)
> >
> > thanks

> > > i think i added stopmotion to the dvd image already... maybe not i'll check
> > > i check phatch a while ago and it was a little "young" will check out how
> > > its
> > > development is doing ... it certainly looked promising before....
> > > have you looked at gphoto2? this can be handy for doing stop motion stuff -
> > > it
> > > gives you command line control of your digital camera - if you get clever
> > > and start scripting with it you can do things like sound activate your
> > > shots...
> > >
> > > rob

> > > danstowell%[hidden email] <danstowell%[hidden email]>>

> > > --------------
> > > [hidden email]
> > > rob.goto10.org
> > > --------------
> > >
> > > ---
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne
> > >

> > ---
> > [hidden email]
> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne
> --------------
> [hidden email]
> rob.goto10.org
> --------------

--------------
[hidden email]
rob.goto10.org
--------------

rooss rooss

Re: [puredyne] software recommendation

Hi,

May I suggest non-sequencer?

http://non-sequencer.tuxfamily.org/

There is non-daw and non-mixer too. Especially non-mixer is interesting
for puredyne, but not stable atm.

http://non.tuxfamily.org/

Regards,
\r