[puredyne] session saving

just a quick question,

what  does everyone generally do to save session data across multiple applications?

i'm running into an issue where i'll have 5 or 6 audio apps all interconnected to produce some end piece and am finding it tedious to start everything up and hook it all together again each time.

i have finally started understanding jack patchbay, which does help, but isn't always accurate, and i assume one could write a script to autostart a suite of applications.

before i get into it on my own, i just thought i'd see what possible solutions are out there.  also, i've been wondering how people organize their data files?  i've generally been putting everything in a directory related to an application, for example .rg in a rosegarden directory, .klp in a kluppe directory, patchbay files in a jack patchbay directory and so on.  would it make more sense to create a project directory and save all related files in one place?  this sounds kind of like a dumb question but might help organize what can quickly become a mess...

thanks

-grant

Re: [puredyne] session saving

isn't it patchage that can save you settings and do the connection too ?

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:06 PM, grant centauri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> just a quick question,
>
> what  does everyone generally do to save session data across multiple
> applications?
>
> i'm running into an issue where i'll have 5 or 6 audio apps all
> interconnected to produce some end piece and am finding it tedious to start
> everything up and hook it all together again each time.
>
> i have finally started understanding jack patchbay, which does help, but
> isn't always accurate, and i assume one could write a script to autostart a
> suite of applications.
>
> before i get into it on my own, i just thought i'd see what possible
> solutions are out there.  also, i've been wondering how people organize
> their data files?  i've generally been putting everything in a directory
> related to an application, for example .rg in a rosegarden directory, .klp
> in a kluppe directory, patchbay files in a jack patchbay directory and so
> on.  would it make more sense to create a project directory and save all
> related files in one place?  this sounds kind of like a dumb question but
> might help organize what can quickly become a mess...
>
> thanks
>
> -grant

rooss rooss

Re: [puredyne] session saving

On 12/10/2010 06:54 AM, geoffroy tremblay wrote:

> isn't it patchage that can save you settings and do the connection too ?
>
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:06 PM, grant centauri<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> just a quick question,
>>
>> what  does everyone generally do to save session data across multiple
>> applications?
>>
>> i'm running into an issue where i'll have 5 or 6 audio apps all
>> interconnected to produce some end piece and am finding it tedious to start
>> everything up and hook it all together again each time.
>>
>> i have finally started understanding jack patchbay, which does help, but
>> isn't always accurate, and i assume one could write a script to autostart a
>> suite of applications.

http://ladish.org/ (#ladi @ freenode)
http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/jack_session (in debian
experimental)
http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2355

Ladish is pretty easy, but needs Jack2 with dbus enabled.