[puredyne] screenshot

just wondering if there is a app for screenshot in puredyne ?

if not I would suggest that scrot to be installed by default since
it's a simple one. Screenshot software would help a lot in creating
more help document (the reason why I am using it anyhow ;)

:)

ddw_music ddw_music

Re: [puredyne] screenshot

At Sun, 5 Dec 2010 15:24:59 -0600,
grant centauri wrote:
> there's import on the command line:
>
> import  -  saves any visible window on an X server and outputs it as an image file. You can
> capture a single window, the entire screen, or  any rectangular portion of the screen.

Dunno about xfce (been using Ubuntu 10.04 much more lately), but in Ubuntu it's easy to add a command to the main menu so that it looks like an application.

E.g. (drifting a bit further afield) -- I've yet to find an unarchiver that reliably handles Chinese characters in filenames for Ubuntu. So I quit trying and now I use IZArc running under wine. I have a menu option linked to the command:

wine /home/dlm/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/IZArc/IZArc.exe

So you could figure out the commandline options that you want for 'import' and put them in the menu.

But... I also agree with Geoff's point that it would be really nice if you could do this in puredyne without having to install something else or do some fiddly configuration.

hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
[hidden email]