[puredyne] rosegarden doesn't start

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

[puredyne] rosegarden doesn't start

Dear community,
I've been running puredyne from the live-dvd.
Everything runs fine, but: I can't start rosegarden.
When I try it, the system doesn't react on mouse and keyboard. Do You know what could be the reason?

rytmisk rytmisk

Re: [puredyne] rosegarden doesn't start

Hi

I have also experienced this several times with rosegarden 1.7x when I run from a USB disk or from a cd - no matter if the USB is persistant or not. If I run something else first like qsynth, it will often start. There is something fishy about this which is  very evident when it comes to rosegarden. Is it the compressed system?

Best regards
Ketil
Rob Canning-3 Rob Canning-3

rytmisk said :

> Hi
>
> I have also experienced this several times with rosegarden 1.7x when I run
> from a USB disk or from a cd - no matter if the USB is persistant or not. If
> I run something else first like qsynth, it will often start. There is
> something fishy about this which is  very evident when it comes to
> rosegarden. Is it the compressed system?

if you start it by typing:
rosegarden
in a terminal
you may see some information that explains what the problems may be?
give it a try and if you see anything usefull cut and paste it here...

rob

> Best regards
> Ketil

--------------
[hidden email]
rob.goto10.org
--------------

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

Re: [puredyne] rosegarden doesn't start

Dear community,
I run puredyne and rpsegarden from harddisk and now everything works fine!
rytmisk said :

> Hi
>
> I have also experienced this several times with rosegarden 1.7x when I run
> from a USB disk or from a cd - no matter if the USB is persistant or not. If
> I run something else first like qsynth, it will often start. There is
> something fishy about this which is  very evident when it comes to
> rosegarden. Is it the compressed system?

if you start it by typing:
rosegarden
in a terminal
you may see some information that explains what the problems may be?
give it a try and if you see anything usefull cut and paste it here...

rob

> Best regards
> Ketil

--------------
[hidden email]
rob.goto10.org
rytmisk rytmisk

Re: [puredyne] rosegarden doesn't start

Hi again

I have now tried to start rosegarden from a usb made from make-live-devise.sh by typing rosegarden directly after having started qjackctl with the following result:

DCOPClient:: attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient:: attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting
DCOPClient:: attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient:: attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
zsh: exit 255  rosegarden

And then nothing happens.

When I start rosegarden from the menu I get the startup screen, but it halts at "Initializing view..."

And as Stefan said - it works perfectly from an installed puredyne. This is an issue I would really like to see fixed since I plan to use puredyne from usb with students and pupils.

Best regards
Ketil