[puredyne] restore mbr and grub2

enrike enrike

[puredyne] restore mbr and grub2

hi

today i had to reinstall XP in my laptop (i know ... i hardly use it
but i need it there for work couple of times a year...) and as usual
my computer wont boot anymore. Previous times I had this problem I was
able to solve it easily but that now because of grub2 i am a bit lost.
I have followed this tutorial

http://jayant7k.blogspot.com/2010/02/restore-grub-2-after-windows.html

But now I just get the grub console on startup. I guess my grub is not
configured properly but I dont know how to fix this from a liveCD
because before it was just a matter of editing the configuration file,
but now this is done automatically by the grub script. Anyone knows
how to solve this?

thanks!

enrike

enrike enrike

Re: [puredyne] restore mbr and grub2

actually now it worked following this
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-restore-grub-boot-loader-after-installing-windows.html

but for some reason update-grub does not detect my puredyne
installation, just XP ... could it be that broke something while
trying to restore mbr and grub??

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 6:43 PM, altern <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi
>
> today i had to reinstall XP in my laptop (i know ... i hardly use it
> but i need it there for work couple of times a year...) and as usual
> my computer wont boot anymore. Previous times I had this problem I was
> able to solve it easily but that now because of grub2 i am a bit lost.
> I have followed this tutorial
>
> http://jayant7k.blogspot.com/2010/02/restore-grub-2-after-windows.html
>
> But now I just get the grub console on startup. I guess my grub is not
> configured properly but I dont know how to fix this from a liveCD
> because before it was just a matter of editing the configuration file,
> but now this is done automatically by the grub script. Anyone knows
> how to solve this?
>
> thanks!
>
> enrike

enrike enrike