[puredyne] problem with printer

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

[puredyne] problem with printer

Dear community,
I have a brother-hl-1250 printer.
Via cups I have installed the printer. I had no problems to print a test page and I can also print from the console, with lp file.pdf
But I can't print anything when I want to print from a program. When I want do print a pdf file from okular, nothing happens!

Rob Canning-3 Rob Canning-3

Re: [puredyne] problem with printer

Stefan Thomas said :
> Dear community,
> I have a brother-hl-1250 printer.
> Via cups I have installed the printer. I had no problems to print a test
> page and I can also print from the console, with lp file.pdf
> But I can't print anything when I want to print from a program. When I want
> do print a pdf file from okular, nothing happens!

cant say exactly - okular is kde and there might be some issues as puredyne
doesnt really have much/any kde stuff bundled in - though i would have thought
aptitude/synaptic would have grabbed the deps

try evince?

rob

[hidden email]
rob.goto10.org

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

Re: [puredyne] problem with printer

Dear community,
thanks for Your tipps.
Because I couldn't solve the problem with acroread, I installed evince. It works fine