[puredyne] problem with multimedia files

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

[puredyne] problem with multimedia files

Dear community,
I have problems with the multi-media-files on the following webpage:
http://mto.societymusictheory.org/issues/mto.06.12.3/duffin_exercises.html
Which browser  and plugings do You recommand?

davebritton davebritton

Re: [puredyne] problem with multimedia files

Judging from the frame source code:

          QT_WriteOBJECT('../movies/d_medium.mov', '791', '409', '',
                            'autoplay', 'true',
                            'emb#bgcolor', 'black');

this is an Apple QuickTime mov file, so you will need a quick-time
plugin for your browser.
If you use firefox, check here:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Using+the+QuickTime+plugin+with+Firefox

they say there is no QT plugin for linux, but Mplayer is supposed to
play mov's.

Stefan Thomas wrote:

> Dear community,
> I have problems with the multi-media-files on the following webpage:
> http://mto.societymusictheory.org/issues/mto.06.12.3/duffin_exercises.html
> Which browser  and plugings do You recommand?

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

Re: [puredyne] problem with multimedia files

Dear Dave,
thanks for Your explanation.
I've activated now mplayer in the preferences menu of firefox, and I've disabled the kaffeine-starter-plugin.
But nothing happens, when I click to one of those buttons.