[puredyne] problem with hexter

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

[puredyne] problem with hexter

Dear community,
I have a problem with hexter.
Although synaptic shows me the program as beeing installed i get
zsh: command not found: hexter
zsh: exit 127   hexter
When I type hexter in a console window.
I 've de- and reinstalled the program, but it doesn't make any difference.

padawan12@obiwannabe.co.uk padawan12@obiwannabe.co.uk

Re: [puredyne] problem with hexter

Hexter is usually manifest as a DSSI plugin,
so there isn't actually a program called
hexter unless it's been aliased to a launch
command.

The program that actually runs is a host for
the plugin, like jack-dssi-host

With jack server active:

try:

$ jack-dssi-host /usr/lib/dssi/hexter.so

and read the man page for jack-dssi-host to see the
quite useful options regarding MIDI chans and instances

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:02:04 +0200
Stefan Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear community,
> I have a problem with hexter.
> Although synaptic shows me the program as beeing installed i get
> zsh: command not found: hexter
> zsh: exit 127   hexter
> When I type hexter in a console window.
> I 've de- and reinstalled the program, but it doesn't make any difference.

Sent from my 3 (http://three.co.uk) mobile broadband
   Third world internet for a first world economy.
* 20 bytes/second * 99% packet loss  * 60 second latency
 All for only £20/month (Odious and predatory terms apply)

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

Re: [puredyne] problem with hexter

Dear Andy,
thanks for Your reply.