[puredyne] pitch detection : a guitar to midi tool

Olivier Revollat Olivier Revollat

[puredyne] pitch detection : a guitar to midi tool

Hello everybody ! I am looking for a pitch detection tool to transform my electric guitar into a midi keyboard :)
I hear about some pure data extensisons :

transcribe~ or fiddle~
see also :https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~mhorgan/220c/

but I dindn't try anything yet ... do you have any ideas ? some plugins, software, pd extensisons ??

Thank you very much ...

Re: [puredyne] pitch detection : a guitar to midi tool

Hi -

In SuperCollider there's the Pitch.kr ugen which is a straightforward
pitch-detector. I used it to make a hacky guitar tutor thing at a
recent hackday - code and video here :)
http://wiki.musichackday.org/index.php?title=BumbleTab

Dan

2010/10/5 Olivier Revollat <[hidden email]>:

> Hello everybody ! I am looking for a pitch detection tool to transform my
> electric guitar into a midi keyboard :)
> I hear about some pure data extensisons :
>
> transcribe~ or fiddle~
> see also :https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~mhorgan/220c/
>
> but I dindn't try anything yet ... do you have any ideas ? some plugins,
> software, pd extensisons ??
>
> Thank you very much ...

Olivier Revollat Olivier Revollat

Re: [puredyne] pitch detection : a guitar to midi tool

thank you very much... i'll try this !!