[puredyne] physical shape of pd keys

Hi -

Just trying my shiny puredyne USB key, I've been having problems on my
Eee. I realise it's due to the physical shape of the key - it's so
tiny that it doesn't have a "shoulder" to ensure it's sitting in the
USB socket at 90º, and the spring action in the USB socket pushes it
slightly off, making a bad contact and causing intermittent weirdness
(e.g. failure to boot).

When I use a USB extension lead to get a more definite connection,
things work fine. I also noticed the same thing happening in the USB
socket of my larger box. Has anyone else noticed this? As an
alternative to the USB extension lead, I can place a small weight on
the key which pushes it back to 90º...

Re: [puredyne] physical shape of pd keys

Dan S said :

> Hi -
>
> Just trying my shiny puredyne USB key, I've been having problems on my
> Eee. I realise it's due to the physical shape of the key - it's so
> tiny that it doesn't have a "shoulder" to ensure it's sitting in the
> USB socket at 90º, and the spring action in the USB socket pushes it
> slightly off, making a bad contact and causing intermittent weirdness
> (e.g. failure to boot).
>
> When I use a USB extension lead to get a more definite connection,
> things work fine. I also noticed the same thing happening in the USB
> socket of my larger box. Has anyone else noticed this? As an
> alternative to the USB extension lead, I can place a small weight on
> the key which pushes it back to 90º...

weird
never had such a problem,

jk and I have also been using the key on the USB port of a SBC that was
used for 2 months installation, and was moved around a little, and no
problem at all.