[puredyne] pd-msd freezes pd when added to .pdrc

Julian Brooks Julian Brooks

[puredyne] pd-msd freezes pd when added to .pdrc

Hi all,

I have a project where I would like to compare pmpd and msd - especially using the msd-editor.  Unfortunately when I add pd-msd from the repository it seems to jam the .pdrc file, freezing pd.

An ideas or anyone have msd and the editor running?

I must admit that compiling msd and the editor using flext is outside of my current experience and desire.

Cheers,

Julian

Julian Brooks Julian Brooks

Re: [puredyne] pd-msd freezes pd when added to .pdrc

Bit more info:

When I add the line:
-path /usr/lib/pd/extra/msd          -lib msd

I get this:

reading startup file: /home/julian/.pdrc
sys_nmidiin 2, nmidiindev 2
Opened Alsa Client 129 in:2 out:2

and it stalls there.

When I add

-path /usr/lib/pd/extra/msd

the .pdrc loads but as soon as I try to open anything msd related it freezes again.

Unsurprisingly if I don't add anything msd related to the .pdrc all is fine and pd complains that it can't find [msd2D] upon opening the msd-editor which is in
usr/lib/pd/doc/msd-editor.

Now if I right click on  the help patch for [msd2D] directly in usr/lib/pd/extras/msd pd opens without the .pdrc and [msd2D] is there?!#

Which is what made me think that something is conflicting.

Any clues before I go through them one at a time?

I'm using c&c 9.11.
pd 0.42-5

Regards,

J.

On 6 December 2010 13:04, J bz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a project where I would like to compare pmpd and msd - especially using the msd-editor.  Unfortunately when I add pd-msd from the repository it seems to jam the .pdrc file, freezing pd.

An ideas or anyone have msd and the editor running?

I must admit that compiling msd and the editor using flext is outside of my current experience and desire.

Cheers,

Julian

Julian Brooks Julian Brooks

Re: [puredyne] pd-msd freezes pd when added to .pdrc

So with nothing in the .pdrc  apart from
-path /usr/lib/pd/extra/msd
it works.
Soon as I add anything from
-path /usr/lib/pd/extra/libstdcpp    -lib libstdcpp
it stalls again.

Obviously early days but somethings happening at least.  Gonna take bleedin' ages though.