Quantcast

[puredyne] pd-extended + gridflow

ddw_music ddw_music

[puredyne] pd-extended + gridflow

Suggestion for the future: could the gridflow package be updated so that it will install itself into pd-extended if available?

It neatly installs itself into /usr/lib/pd/extra, where it's invisible to pd-extended.

http://gridflow.ca/ links to this package in the puredyne PPA, so it isn't quite safe to assume that it will always be installed for use with standard pd.

Side question -- how the blippity-bleep do you query a package to find out where the files got installed? I only found /usr/lib/pd by observing this message:

PDP: pure data packet version 0.12.6
/usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/pidip/pidip.pd_linux: libImlib2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Were it not for that error message, I would never have found where gridflow went!

Thanks,
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
[hidden email]

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal."  -- Whitman

Re: [puredyne] pd-extended + gridflow

2011/3/20 James Harkins <[hidden email]>:
> Suggestion for the future: could the gridflow package be updated so that it will install itself into pd-extended if available?
>
> It neatly installs itself into /usr/lib/pd/extra, where it's invisible to pd-extended.
>
> http://gridflow.ca/ links to this package in the puredyne PPA, so it isn't quite safe to assume that it will always be installed for use with standard pd.
>
> Side question -- how the blippity-bleep do you query a package to find out where the files got installed?

dpkg -L emacs

and to do the reverse query:
dpkg -S /usr/share/doc/emacs/copyright