[puredyne] openshot

Just playing with openshot video editor - and hoping it will be
included pre-installed in the next puredyne - it's quite powerful
and fun to edit video with it!!
Rob Canning-3 Rob Canning-3

Re: [puredyne] openshot

geoffroy tremblay wrote:
> Just playing with openshot video editor - and hoping it will be
> included pre-installed in the next puredyne - it's quite powerful
> and fun to edit video with it!!

yes its nice but having tested a number of video editors in quite some
detail i think that kdenlive offers the most stable experience and this
may well take over from cinelerra as the default video editor (though
cinelerra should remain included i think as it is the preferred tool of
many)
that said if you have any experience to the contrary - would be great to
hear
i tried pitivi, openshot, cinelerra and kdenlive
nothing to say that there cant be a number of different editors included
but kdenlive and openshot have similar goals and both use the mlt
framwork as their backend so it would make sense to only use the better
of the two? on the cd at least - on the dvd there is more space for
duplication
have you tried kdenlive? its pretty good these days
i havent tried openshot for a couple of months now but it did crash
quite alot when i pushed it
rob

Re: [puredyne] openshot

Hum ~ I never tried kdenlive because it would crash every time I would open it
so I didn't bother going further with it ~ since I wasn't impress with
cinerella I
didn't search much more.

But I tried it today ~ it wouldn't open because it wasn't able to write to my
~/.kde/share

so I did a little chmod and voila everything was fine. It seems indeed
a lot more
solid than open shot, yet really easy to use I like it's interface a
lot (and dislike the
cinerella and final cut pro type of interface) and I agree that
openshot wouldn't need
to be integrated too.

Thanks for the lead ;) I am not sure if it's a problem with the
default puredyne install
(the .kde/share not to be writable) but in any case it seems the best
video editor for
ubuntu.

thanks again

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Rob Canning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> geoffroy tremblay wrote:
>>
>> Just playing with openshot video editor - and hoping it will be
>> included pre-installed in the next puredyne - it's quite powerful
>> and fun to edit video with it!!
>>

> yes its nice but having tested a number of video editors in quite some
> detail i think that kdenlive offers the most stable experience and this may
> well take over from cinelerra as the default video editor (though cinelerra
> should remain included i think as it is the preferred tool of many)
> that said if you have any experience to the contrary - would be great to
> hear
> i tried pitivi, openshot, cinelerra and kdenlive
> nothing to say that there cant be a number of different editors included but
> kdenlive and openshot have similar goals and both use the mlt framwork as
> their backend so it would make sense to only use the better of the two? on
> the cd at least - on the dvd there is more space for duplication
> have you tried kdenlive? its pretty good these days
> i havent tried openshot for a couple of months now but it did crash quite
> alot when i pushed it
> rob

Julien BELLANGER Julien BELLANGER

Re: [puredyne] openshot

I use kdenlive 0.7.8 from source ( not in the depot ubuntu ) and it never crashed yet.

2011/1/11 geoffroy tremblay <[hidden email]>
Hum ~ I never tried kdenlive because it would crash every time I would open it
so I didn't bother going further with it ~ since I wasn't impress with
cinerella I
didn't search much more.

But I tried it today ~ it wouldn't open because it wasn't able to write to my
~/.kde/share

so I did a little chmod and voila everything was fine. It seems indeed
a lot more
solid than open shot, yet really easy to use I like it's interface a
lot (and dislike the
cinerella and final cut pro type of interface) and I agree that
openshot wouldn't need
to be integrated too.

Thanks for the lead ;) I am not sure if it's a problem with the
default puredyne install
(the .kde/share not to be writable) but in any case it seems the best
video editor for
ubuntu.

thanks again

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Rob Canning <[hidden email]> wrote:
> geoffroy tremblay wrote:
>>
>> Just playing with openshot video editor - and hoping it will be
>> included pre-installed in the next puredyne - it's quite powerful
>> and fun to edit video with it!!
>>

> yes its nice but having tested a number of video editors in quite some
> detail i think that kdenlive offers the most stable experience and this may
> well take over from cinelerra as the default video editor (though cinelerra
> should remain included i think as it is the preferred tool of many)
> that said if you have any experience to the contrary - would be great to
> hear
> i tried pitivi, openshot, cinelerra and kdenlive
> nothing to say that there cant be a number of different editors included but
> kdenlive and openshot have similar goals and both use the mlt framwork as
> their backend so it would make sense to only use the better of the two? on
> the cd at least - on the dvd there is more space for duplication
> have you tried kdenlive? its pretty good these days
> i havent tried openshot for a couple of months now but it did crash quite
> alot when i pushed it
> rob

Julien.BELLANGER
http://julbel.posterous.com/