Quantcast

[puredyne] nvidia drivers install

Igor Medeiros Igor Medeiros

[puredyne] nvidia drivers install

hello all

is there a guide/howto to install nvidia drivers on puredyne?
i am using gazpacho beta installed on my HD.

thx in advance
igor

Re: [puredyne] nvidia drivers install

Igor Medeiros said :
> is there a guide/howto to install nvidia drivers on puredyne?
> i am using gazpacho beta installed on my HD.

In Gazpacho, installing NVIDIA and ATI blobs is different from the
usual Ubuntu proprietary driver helper, we are now providing the great
sgfxi script.

1. make a backup, this still not much tested
2. quit X entirely, and make sure you're online
3. become root
4. type sgfxi
5. follow instructions
6. quit the helper
7. logout from root

you might have to reboot before starting X again depending on your
hardware and which modules have been loaded already, etc.