[puredyne] navigating post window scvim

bryan eubanks bryan eubanks

[puredyne] navigating post window scvim

hi,
anyone know how to navigate the sclangpipe_app window in scvim? I can't move around it, so I can't see the complete error report...

thanks,
bryan

Re: [puredyne] navigating post window scvim

It's a standard terminal window, so you navigate it the same way (func
+ arrow keys for example).

Dan

2010/6/2 bryan eubanks <[hidden email]>:

> hi,
> anyone know how to navigate the sclangpipe_app window in scvim? I can't move
> around it, so I can't see the complete error report...
>
> thanks,
> bryan

bryan eubanks bryan eubanks

Re: [puredyne] navigating post window scvim

Odd, because I can't do anything in the sclangpipe_app window where errors and status are. When using any keys, text just shows up. no ability to navigate with standard vim key controls? Anyone else have this error, or what I am doing wrong?

thanks,

Re: [puredyne] navigating post window scvim

It's NOT a vim window. It's a terminal window.

The way it works is that the sclang program is executed in a shell "of
your choice", which by default is "xterm -e". You can change this by
setting the global option g:sclangTerm in vim. Normally that option is
some terminal emulator, so you might have it as "xterm -e" or "urxvt
-e" or whatever. It might be possible to tweak it so that it launches
a terminal emulator and also gets the output sent to a vim read-only
session (or piped to less, for example), but I haven't dabbled with
that.

Now that you mention it, it might be a bit more coherent to make it a
vim session mighn't it!

Dan

2010/6/3 bryan eubanks <[hidden email]>:

> Odd, because I can't do anything in the sclangpipe_app window where errors
> and status are. When using any keys, text just shows up. no ability to
> navigate with standard vim key controls? Anyone else have this error, or
> what I am doing wrong?
>
> thanks,

bryan eubanks bryan eubanks

Re: [puredyne] navigating post window scvim

okay, thanks! Obviously new to me...

I recently updated to 9.11, but I also need to manually change the terminal preference in order to address this, correct? Any suggestions on where to look for those steps?

thanks again,