[puredyne] missing OSC libs for processing and puredata

Thomas Vriet Thomas Vriet

[puredyne] missing OSC libs for processing and puredata

heya,

(I post here as the launchpad is currently read-only for maintenance)

when trying to import patches/sketches from a friend on puredyne yesterday, we
found that OSC tools are missing :

- oscP5 lib is missing in processing
http://www.sojamo.de/libraries/oscP5/
we fixed that by 'cp -a' the content of it to /opt/idontremember

- OSC objects are missing in puredata (OSCx I guess?)
actually, I've got problem to make all of them working in pd-extended on jaunty
(OSCroute works but dumpOSC can't create even if the files are in the same
path...). Anyway...

it was on puredyne9.10, I guess the problems remain in 9.11

hope it helps

thomas

Karsten Gebbert Karsten Gebbert

Re: [puredyne] missing OSC libs for processing and puredata

Thomas Vriet said :

> heya,
>
> (I post here as the launchpad is currently read-only for maintenance)
>
> when trying to import patches/sketches from a friend on puredyne
> yesterday, we found that OSC tools are missing :
>
> - oscP5 lib is missing in processing
> http://www.sojamo.de/libraries/oscP5/
> we fixed that by 'cp -a' the content of it to /opt/idontremember

there is a package for that, processing-oscp5 - that should do the trick

> - OSC objects are missing in puredata (OSCx I guess?)
> actually, I've got problem to make all of them working in
> pd-extended on jaunty (OSCroute works but dumpOSC can't create even
> if the files are in the same path...). Anyway...
>
> it was on puredyne9.10, I guess the problems remain in 9.11

its there too, you need this line in your .pdrc

-path /usr/lib/pd/extra/mrpeach -lib packOSC:pipelist:routeOSC:tcpclient:tcpreceive:tcpsend:tcpserver:udpreceive:udpsend:unpackOSC

what are you running, 9.11 DVD image?

http://krgn.goto10.org --
tel :: +49 (0) 30.6233.475
mob :: +49 (0) 178.8540.102