[puredyne] make-live-device latest version again

enrike enrike

[puredyne] make-live-device latest version again

hi

i just realised that in the the latest version of bouilloncube from
launchpad there are two different versions of make-live-device.sh there.
One inside grub2 and another one in syslinux. they have small differences

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~puredyne-team/bouilloncube/devel/annotate/head:/sh/grub2/

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~puredyne-team/bouilloncube/devel/files/head:/sh/syslinux/

any one knows which one should I take to port to python?

thanks

enrike

Re: [puredyne] make-live-device latest version again

enrike said :

> hi
>
> i just realised that in the the latest version of bouilloncube from
> launchpad there are two different versions of make-live-device.sh
> there. One inside grub2 and another one in syslinux. they have small
> differences
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~puredyne-team/bouilloncube/devel/annotate/head:/sh/grub2/
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~puredyne-team/bouilloncube/devel/files/head:/sh/syslinux/
>
> any one knows which one should I take to port to python?

Ideally both should have been merged already.

 - syslinux: the one I'd like to keep on using by default, as it makes
   things easier on the live-helper side
 - grub2: was a temp fork from karsten to use grub2, as we had some
   problem with syslinux and the latest batch of Puredyne keys.
(syslinux was not installing properly, we still don't know why...)

enrike enrike

Re: [puredyne] make-live-device latest version again

lr., 2010.eko ekaren 05a 08:35(e)an, Aymeric Mansoux(e)k idatzi zuen:

> enrike said :
>> hi
>>
>> i just realised that in the the latest version of bouilloncube from
>> launchpad there are two different versions of make-live-device.sh
>> there. One inside grub2 and another one in syslinux. they have small
>> differences
>>
>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~puredyne-team/bouilloncube/devel/annotate/head:/sh/grub2/
>>
>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~puredyne-team/bouilloncube/devel/files/head:/sh/syslinux/
>>
>> any one knows which one should I take to port to python?
>
> Ideally both should have been merged already.
>
>   - syslinux: the one I'd like to keep on using by default, as it makes
>     things easier on the live-helper side
>   - grub2: was a temp fork from karsten to use grub2, as we had some
>     problem with syslinux and the latest batch of Puredyne keys.
> (syslinux was not installing properly, we still don't know why...)

ok. i had taken grub2 version, so i am working on that. Differences are
not so big between both so once I have this running I will work on the
syslinux version.