[puredyne] make art - call for projects "in-between design" - deadline 31st July (propaganda)

crazybilly crazybilly

[puredyne] make art - call for projects "in-between design" - deadline 31st July (propaganda)

Is there anything like this in the US? This seems like a really cool idea and one that I'm interested in being involved in, unfortunately, traveling to France in November is out of the question for me ;)

Anybody know anything like this for those of us in the States? Thanks!

Jake

Re: [puredyne] make art - call for projects "in-between design" - deadline 31st July (propaganda)

It seems to be happening in europe - Canada and US seems so far behind with digital art it makes me want to change country !!

geoffroy tremblay said :
> It seems to be happening in europe - Canada and US seems so far behind with
> digital art it makes me want to change country !!

Just make your own 'make art' branch, Geoffroy! :)
(half kidding)

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Jake Tolbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Is there anything like this in the US? This seems like a really cool idea
> > and one that I'm interested in being involved in, unfortunately, traveling
> > to France in November is out of the question for me ;)
> >
> > Anybody know anything like this for those of us in the States? Thanks!
> >
> > Jake
> >
> > ---
> > [hidden email]
> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

Re: [puredyne] make art - call for projects "in-between design" - deadline 31st July (propaganda)

I know I know - I was also trying to interview a certain guy on facebook too - about how to start my own online art community ~ but he never replied !! hehehehe ;)

I live deep in the wood for now so there is not much connection with a greater community (lots of artist here, but when they hear about computer art they laugh politely)

But slowly starting to see how to bring that digital culture here in Canada, starting some presentation and events - we'll get there :S

;)

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Aymeric Mansoux <[hidden email]> wrote:
geoffroy tremblay said :
> It seems to be happening in europe - Canada and US seems so far behind with
> digital art it makes me want to change country !!

Just make your own 'make art' branch, Geoffroy! :)
(half kidding)

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Jake Tolbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Is there anything like this in the US? This seems like a really cool idea
> > and one that I'm interested in being involved in, unfortunately, traveling
> > to France in November is out of the question for me ;)
> >
> > Anybody know anything like this for those of us in the States? Thanks!
> >
> > Jake
> >
> > ---
> > [hidden email]
> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

Michal Seta Michal Seta

Re: [puredyne] make art - call for projects "in-between design" - deadline 31st July (propaganda)

Where in Canada are you?
There are various places in Canada that promote/create art using
digital technologies.  The obvious places are Montreal, Toronto,
Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver.   Smaller communities are less
accessible but I have seen stuff happening in Trois-Rivières,
Rimouski, Québec (I know only of those in the province of Québec,
where I live).

./MiS

jm jones jm jones

2010/9/15 geoffroy tremblay <[hidden email]>:

> I know I know - I was also trying to interview a certain guy on facebook too
> - about how to start my own online art community ~ but he never replied !!
> hehehehe ;)
> I live deep in the wood for now so there is not much connection with a
> greater community (lots of artist here, but when they hear about computer
> art they laugh politely)
> But slowly starting to see how to bring that digital culture here in Canada,
> starting some presentation and events - we'll get there :S
>
> ;)
>
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Aymeric Mansoux <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> geoffroy tremblay said :
>> > It seems to be happening in europe - Canada and US seems so far behind
>> > with
>> > digital art it makes me want to change country !!
>>
>> Just make your own 'make art' branch, Geoffroy! :)
>> (half kidding)

>> > ---
>> > [hidden email]
>> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
>> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne
>>

>> a.
>> --
>> http://su.kuri.mu

I live in the woods of Patagonia! The other corner of the world.

--
JM Jones

myspace.com/capitanmission

geoffroy tremblay said :
> I know I know - I was also trying to interview a certain guy on facebook too
> - about how to start my own online art community ~ but he never replied !!
> hehehehe ;)

ok *cough* point taken *cough*
Well technically the guy did reply :)
I will tell him to hurry ...

Re: [puredyne] make art - call for projects "in-between design" - deadline 31st July (propaganda)

I am in interior BC for the moment ~ but looking at ways to create an online community. The idea is more in incubation now  - trying to find inspiration and the right way to move forward with this ;)

I live in a very inspiring place - but 45 minutes walk from the first 300 habitant village (and 12 hours car from a real theater ;) so I find it the right balance to work on my art and try to build online community somehow