[puredyne] macbook pro USB boot

Hello all.

Been having some fun trying to get a MacBook Pro to boot from USB.  Following some info I got from here https://bugs.launchpad.net/puredyne-live/+bug/508802 I am able to boot from USB and can get partway into the puredyne 9.11 boot process but I run into a problem loading initramfs.  It says something about not being able to find a medium.

Right now I have one FAT 32 partition that I simply copied the contents of a Live 9.11 CD into, plus an efi/ that I got from ccobb.  I get to a grub menu, I can select my Puredyne menu entry, find the kernel, and start the boot process.  It begins to hang at the initramfs part, and returns an error

Unable to find a medium containing a live file system.

This might just have something to do with my GRUB2 config, I have yet to master the intricacies of writing a grub2 menu entry, especially for a live system.

Here's my menu entry now:

# grub.cfg for MBP USB Install F11

# Timeout for menu
timeout=20
default=0

set F1=ctrl-x
set F2=ctrl-c
set color_normal=yellow/blue

menuentry "Puredyne Carrot and Coriander" {
        linux /live/vmlinuz ramdisk_size=1000000 boot=live automatic-ubiquity file=/pure.seed quickreboot username=lintian hostname=puredyne union=aufs video=efifb noefi agp=off
        initrd /live/initrd.img
}

menuentry “REBOOT” {
reboot
}

Any thoughts?  I've been messing with different options and for a while now and am giving it up for the day.  Thanks.