[puredyne] lucid lynx

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Damaru Damaru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[puredyne] lucid lynx

will puredyne be built on lucid ? is it in the plan to release a lucid lynx version soon ?

just wondering because I am re-installing my machine soon and would wait if that is the plan ;) 

---
[hidden email]
http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne
Claude Heiland-Allen Claude Heiland-Allen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [puredyne] lucid lynx

On 12/06/10 23:31, geoffroy tremblay wrote:
> will puredyne be built on lucid ? is it in the plan to release a lucid
> lynx version soon ?

Personally I'm running Lucid 64bit now and slowly (too slowly) starting
to port some packages from Karmic to Lucid in the Puredyne PPA.  Some
others are taking this approach too, you can check progress here:

https://launchpad.net/~puredyne-team/+archive/ppa (filter by Lucid)

> just wondering because I am re-installing my machine soon and would wait
> if that is the plan ;)

It might be quite a long wait, so there are two main options:

You could either reinstall Puredyne 9.11, or, install a minimal Lucid
installation and customize the applications that you install on top to
avoid some bloat (I started with the x86_64 mini.iso, with just the bare
minimum of packages, installing additional ones as and when I found I
needed them) - but some things will be unavailable as of now compared to
the Karmic-based Puredyne packages lists.


Claude

---
[hidden email]
http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne
Damaru Damaru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [puredyne] lucid lynx

thanks - sounds good, I am in no hurry and karmic is by far really good enough for me. 

thanks again 

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Claude Heiland-Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 12/06/10 23:31, geoffroy tremblay wrote:
will puredyne be built on lucid ? is it in the plan to release a lucid
lynx version soon ?

Personally I'm running Lucid 64bit now and slowly (too slowly) starting to port some packages from Karmic to Lucid in the Puredyne PPA.  Some others are taking this approach too, you can check progress here:

https://launchpad.net/~puredyne-team/+archive/ppa (filter by Lucid)


just wondering because I am re-installing my machine soon and would wait
if that is the plan ;)

It might be quite a long wait, so there are two main options:

You could either reinstall Puredyne 9.11, or, install a minimal Lucid installation and customize the applications that you install on top to avoid some bloat (I started with the x86_64 mini.iso, with just the bare minimum of packages, installing additional ones as and when I found I needed them) - but some things will be unavailable as of now compared to the Karmic-based Puredyne packages lists.


Claude


---
[hidden email]
http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne
davebritton davebritton
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [puredyne] lucid lynx and updating with synaptic

I have puredyne 11 amd-64 (c&c) installed on an intel core 2 duo T9400  
processor, and it has been running fine. Last night I had synaptic  
open and checked for updates, and discovered 1000 packages wanted to  
be updated. Foolishly I allowed the update and in the morning when it  
completed I rebooted and there is no graphical system any more - xfce  
is gone, all I have is a terminal interface. Can I fix this or should  
I just re-install puredyne from the iso? What happened and why? What  
did I update to without realizing what would happen?
-Dave



---
[hidden email]
http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne