[puredyne] huge fontsize qjackctl qt intel mac

Rob Canning-3 Rob Canning-3

[puredyne] huge fontsize qjackctl qt intel mac

howdy
am having the usual fun in a workshop dealing with intel macs and their
weirdness that i dont understand - this time is super massive fonts in
qjackctl that make it unusable - few other apps too - maybe qt based stuff
haven't had a chance to check further yet
any clues or quick fixes - luckily jack isnt super important for workshop
but participant would obviously like a solution - which my little brain
cant supply right now
any clues with this little information?

supper massive fonts mean like really really really big - maybe only about
30 characters to fill screen horizontally

this is a very recent iso i brothed up a couple of days ago

rob

alejoo alejoo

Re: [puredyne] huge fontsize qjackctl qt intel mac

On Oct 7, 2010, at 2:29 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> supper massive fonts mean like really really really big - maybe only
> about
> 30 characters to fill screen horizontally

like in the attack of the killer tomatoes?

rob, is it just jack or every other thing on the X server?
i've seen something similar, but i think it was related to the video
card settings.
sorry i can't help more. maybe if you share the .iso i can try it here
and see if i can help you debug.
saludos,
/a

Antonios Galanopoulos Antonios Galanopoulos

Re: [puredyne] huge fontsize qjackctl qt intel mac

Hey I had similar issues with mozilla and other *gtk* apps and It was
related to the X server having the wrong DPI value for the monitor. I
solved it by adding "Xft.dpi: 96" in ~/.Xdefaults.

Hope this helps.

regards

[hidden email] said : > howdy > am having the usual fun in a workshop
dealing with intel macs and their > weirdness that i dont understand -
this time is super massive fonts in > qjackctl that make it unusable -
few other apps too - maybe qt based stuff > haven't had a chance to
check further yet > any clues or quick fixes - luckily jack isnt super
important for workshop > but participant would obviously like a
solution - which my little brain > cant supply right now > any clues
with this little information?  > > supper massive fonts mean like
really really really big - maybe only about > 30 characters to fill
screen horizontally > > this is a very recent iso i brothed up a
couple of days ago > > rob > > > --- > [hidden email] >
http://identi.ca/group/puredyne > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne >

--

|'`'.           .''.            ..
|-----`.----.'------- '------------.
|       '..'           `.    '
|                        `..'

http://agagag.goto10.org

gusano gusano

Re: [puredyne] huge fontsize qjackctl qt intel mac

hi
maybe it's worth mentioning that I had the same issue with a mbpro (3.1)
and editing ~/.Xdefaults was not enough..
I installed nvidia-glx-185 (at the time) and nvidia-xconfig generated a
suitable xorg.conf which solved the problem =)

HTH
_y

gusano said :
> hi
> maybe it's worth mentioning that I had the same issue with a mbpro
> (3.1) and editing ~/.Xdefaults was not enough..
> I installed nvidia-glx-185 (at the time) and nvidia-xconfig
> generated a suitable xorg.conf which solved the problem =)

Yes, saw that once in workshop too, on a mac too. Same issue and only
installing nividia drivers fixed it. It was quite nice though, never saw
fonts that big, it was pure operating-system-art :)

Rob Canning-3 Rob Canning-3

Re: [puredyne] huge fontsize qjackctl qt intel mac

thanks. -  the nvidia-glx-185 nvidia-xconfig combo fixed it :)
this thread was also a good example in the workshop of how nice and
helpful the puredyne community is :)
rob