[puredyne] how to run supercollider

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

[puredyne] how to run supercollider

Dear community,
I've been looking at the super-collider-wiki, how to run supercollider on a linux-machine.
Unfortunately, it didn't work.
The directory
~/dev/SuperCollider/SuperCollider3/build

doesn't exist.
As will as the file
onetwoonetwo.sc

What can I do to start supercollider?

ddw_music ddw_music

Re: [puredyne] how to run supercollider

On 7/22/10 2:47 PM, Stefan Thomas wrote:
Dear community,
I've been looking at the super-collider-wiki, how to run supercollider on a linux-machine.
Unfortunately, it didn't work.
The directory
~/dev/SuperCollider/SuperCollider3/build

doesn't exist.
As will as the file
onetwoonetwo.sc

What can I do to start supercollider?

If you're running puredyne:

1. Forget about the wiki page.

2. Go to the xfce start menu > audio > supercollider (Emacs) or supercollider (vim). Or, if you prefer gedit, launch gedit and then enable supercollider as a plug-in in the preferences dialog.

The wiki page may have led you to overlook the fact that supercollider is already installed out of the box as a package in puredyne. So the best thing for you to do now is to worry about building your own copy later, and use the preinstalled version to begin with.

hjh

--

James Harkins /// dewdrop world
[hidden email]

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal." -- Whitman

padawan12@obiwannabe.co.uk padawan12@obiwannabe.co.uk

Re: [puredyne] how to run supercollider

Stupid question probably;

Trying this on my eeePC and the small
keyboard has no ENTER key.

Any emacs expert know how to remap
the SC front so that it works with
a normal RETURN?

a.

--
Andy Farnell <[hidden email]>

ddw_music ddw_music

On 7/22/10 3:32 PM, Andy Farnell wrote:
Stupid question probably;

Trying this on my eeePC and the small
keyboard has no ENTER key.

Any emacs expert know how to remap
the SC front so that it works with
a normal RETURN?

You don't want to do that. Then you won't be able to type blocks of code that span multiple lines.

The keyboard shortcut to run a line (or region) in Emacs is C-c C-c. Have a look at the main help page. This is near the top.

To execute code, use the keyboard shortcut: Enter (not Return), ctrl-Return, Ctrl-c, fn-Return, or Shift-Return (OS X, SCapp), Ctrl+Enter (Windows, PsyCollider), Ctrl+c Ctrl+c (Emacs), F5 (vim), Ctrl+e (gedit/sced). For key commands, also see Shortcuts.

(The first set of shortcuts is for the supercollider.app bundle in OSX, shouldn't be expected to apply to Emacs.)

hjh

[...]

Thanks James, sorted.

a.

On 22 July 2010 at 09:38 James Harkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/22/10 3:32 PM, Andy Farnell wrote:
> > Stupid question probably;
> >
> > Trying this on my eeePC and the small
> > keyboard has no ENTER key.
> >
> > Any emacs expert know how to remap
> > the SC front so that it works with
> > a normal RETURN?
> >

> You don't want to do that. Then you won't be able to type blocks of code
> that span multiple lines.
>
> The keyboard shortcut to run a line (or region) in Emacs is C-c C-c.
> Have a look at the main help page. This is near the top.
>
> To execute code, use the keyboard shortcut: Enter (not Return),
> ctrl-Return, Ctrl-c, fn-Return, or Shift-Return (OS X, SCapp),
> Ctrl+Enter (Windows, PsyCollider), *Ctrl+c Ctrl+c (Emacs)*, F5 (vim),
> Ctrl+e (gedit/sced). For key commands, also see Shortcuts
> <Other%20Topics/Shortcuts.html>.
>

> (The first set of shortcuts is for the supercollider.app bundle in OSX,
> shouldn't be expected to apply to Emacs.)
>
> hjh
>
> > a.
> >
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:59:10 +0800
> > James Harkins<[hidden email]>  wrote:

> >> If you're running puredyne:
> >>
> >> 1. Forget about the wiki page.
> >>
> >> 2. Go to the xfce start menu>  audio>  supercollider (Emacs) or
> >> supercollider (vim). Or, if you prefer gedit, launch gedit and then
> >> enable supercollider as a plug-in in the preferences dialog.
> >>
> >> The wiki page may have led you to overlook the fact that /supercollider
> >> is already installed out of the box as a package in puredyne/. So the
> >> best thing for you to do now is to worry about building your own copy
> >> later, and use the preinstalled version to begin with.
> >>
> >> hjh
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> James Harkins /// dewdrop world
> >> [hidden email]
> >> http://www.dewdrop-world.net
> >>
> >> "Come said the Muse,
> >> Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
> >> Sing me the universal." -- Whitman
> >>
> >> blog: http://www.dewdrop-world.net/words
> >> audio clips: http://www.dewdrop-world.net/audio
> >> more audio: http://soundcloud.com/dewdrop_world/tracks
> >>

> --
>
> James Harkins /// dewdrop world
> [hidden email]
> http://www.dewdrop-world.net
>
> "Come said the Muse,
> Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
> Sing me the universal." -- Whitman
>
> blog: http://www.dewdrop-world.net/words
> audio clips: http://www.dewdrop-world.net/audio
> more audio: http://soundcloud.com/dewdrop_world/tracks

Bernardo Barros Bernardo Barros

Re: [puredyne] how to run supercollider

Hey

Yes, use the menu! There are other options too: typing comes with this
al"sc" on terminal also start emacs in -sclang mode, puredyne comes
with this bash alias. Or you can also type "emacs -sclang". Or.. once
in Emacs you can type M-x sclang-mode