[puredyne] how to record a googletalk audio speech in pd

felix nicolás nicanor felix nicolás nicanor

[puredyne] how to record a googletalk audio speech in pd

hi again,
This is quite an specific question, I know, so If someone points out
what should I read for this I would be really glad.
This is related to my previous question about having sound working in
firefox and pd at the same time and being able to route sound from
firefox to pd (for real time sampling of an internet radio, for
example), which I haven't been able to solve yet (I wish I have 48 hs days).
Thank you,
Felix
ege ege

Re: [puredyne] how to record a googletalk audio speech in pd

Hello there,
module-jack-sink and module-jack-source is what you want but for me is not stable.
check this link. Jackd-Pulseaudio.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM, felix nicanor <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi again,
This is quite an specific question, I know, so If someone points out what should I read for this I would be really glad.
This is related to my previous question about having sound working in firefox and pd at the same time and being able to route sound from firefox to pd (for real time sampling of an internet radio, for example), which I haven't been able to solve yet (I wish I have 48 hs days).
Thank you,
Felix

Piece Love Unity_Eugene

Piece_Love_Unity
egelor.tumblr.com
Eric Steinberg Eric Steinberg

felix nicolás nicanor felix nicolás nicanor

Re: [puredyne] how to record a googletalk audio speech in pd

Hello Eugene,
Thank you, I will download the info and study it before I install it, then, in order to be sure.
Best,
Felix

Eugene Tryfonides wrote:
Hello there,
module-jack-sink and module-jack-source is what you want but for me is not stable.
check this link. Jackd-Pulseaudio.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM, felix nicanor <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi again,
This is quite an specific question, I know, so If someone points out what should I read for this I would be really glad.
This is related to my previous question about having sound working in firefox and pd at the same time and being able to route sound from firefox to pd (for real time sampling of an internet radio, for example), which I haven't been able to solve yet (I wish I have 48 hs days).
Thank you,
Felix
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="irc://">irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

--
Piece Love Unity_Eugene

--- [hidden email] http://identi.ca/group/puredyne <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne">irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

felix nicolás nicanor felix nicolás nicanor

Re: [puredyne] how to record a googletalk audio speech in pd

Hi Eric,
It seems like a good solution if I only want to record radio streams, but apparently it would not solve the gtalk voice recording. I mean, Streamripper needs a specific URL to record from, if I understand it the right way.
Please tell me if I am wrong.
Thank you,
Felix

Eric Steinberg wrote:

[...]

Re: [puredyne] how to take any audio stream ocurring inside the pc to Pd

I changed the subjet, as I realized that when I was in windows I used
this small app : http://mega-sound-recorder.uptodown.com/ to record
radio streams or any sound being produced inside the machine, as an
audio gtalk stream, or to rip sound from my camera videos without having
to do a time expensive edit through a video editing station. I just
played it and the sound played was inmediately recorded into a wav/mp3
file. Now, what I want to do now is not really ripping it, but instead
taking it inside Pd and play a bit with filters (maybe recording the
filtered result). I know how to filter and record inside Pd, but what I
would want to know is how to take any sound in my machine to Pd in order
to work with it.
Thank you again and forgive the misleading previous subject.
Felix

felix nicanor wrote:

> hi again,
> This is quite an specific question, I know, so If someone points out
> what should I read for this I would be really glad.
> This is related to my previous question about having sound working in
> firefox and pd at the same time and being able to route sound from
> firefox to pd (for real time sampling of an internet radio, for
> example), which I haven't been able to solve yet (I wish I have 48 hs
> days).
> Thank you,
> Felix

Eric Steinberg Eric Steinberg

Re: [puredyne] how to record a googletalk audio speech in pd

You are correct. My goog voice lets me download recordings as mp3; haven't needed to use jack for any web-based content except YouTube

--- [hidden email] http://identi.ca/group/puredyne irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne