[puredyne] groups and permissions problem

enrike enrike

[puredyne] groups and permissions problem

hi

Should not the normal user belong to the disk group by default? While I
was preparing a concert on thursday I realised that my user did not have
permissions to use my firewire card (i hadnt use my card for ages).

I tried to add permissions to use disk group but I had such a big
hungover that I actually removed my user from all groups so I could not
even log off... after a short panic attack I restarted in recovery mode
and modified the groups my user belong to. Everything went fine and the
concert was great but i am not sure if my user is still missing some
other group. These are the ones it belongs at the moment:

% groups
r2d2 disk audio video fuse admin netdev

I am still using the previous puredyne release (installed it in january)
as I havent had the time to install the latest one.

thanks

enrike

Ricardo Gabriel Herdt Ricardo Gabriel Herdt

Re: [puredyne] groups and permissions problem

Firewire is working out of the box in the newest version

2010/5/15, enrike <[hidden email]>:

> hi
>
> Should not the normal user belong to the disk group by default? While I
> was preparing a concert on thursday I realised that my user did not have
> permissions to use my firewire card (i hadnt use my card for ages).
>
> I tried to add permissions to use disk group but I had such a big
> hungover that I actually removed my user from all groups so I could not
> even log off... after a short panic attack I restarted in recovery mode
> and modified the groups my user belong to. Everything went fine and the
> concert was great but i am not sure if my user is still missing some
> other group. These are the ones it belongs at the moment:
>
> % groups
> r2d2 disk audio video fuse admin netdev
>
> I am still using the previous puredyne release (installed it in january)
> as I havent had the time to install the latest one.
>
> thanks
>
> enrike

enrike enrike

Re: [puredyne] groups and permissions problem

great!

lr., 2010.eko mairen 15a 20:45(e)an, Ricardo G. Herdt(e)k idatzi zuen: