Quantcast

[puredyne] fresh foss/floss articles (ot)

Julian Brooks Julian Brooks

[puredyne] fresh foss/floss articles (ot)

Hi all,

I'm hoping some people can point me towards any new and interesting FLOSS/FOSS papers/articles that have caught your imagination, preferably with a musical slant but not necessarily so.

I'm doing some writing on this topic for my studies and would like to feel I have a thorough overview.

Things along the lines of the FLOSS & Art book or Marloes de Valk's article in Organised Sound from 2009 are perfect.

Very best wishes,

Julian

Re: [puredyne] fresh foss/floss articles (ot)

I liked this paper:
http://su.kuri.mu/00000001/2011----MY.LAWYER.IS.AN.ARTIST/

2011/11/28 Julian Brooks <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm hoping some people can point me towards any new and interesting
> FLOSS/FOSS papers/articles that have caught your imagination, preferably
> with a musical slant but not necessarily so.
>
> I'm doing some writing on this topic for my studies and would like to feel I
> have a thorough overview.
>
> Things along the lines of the FLOSS & Art book or Marloes de Valk's article
> in Organised Sound from 2009 are perfect.
>
> Very best wishes,
>
> Julian

Julian Brooks Julian Brooks

Re: [puredyne] fresh foss/floss articles (ot)

Yay - bang on.

Cheers Dan,

Julian

On 28 November 2011 11:59, Dan S <[hidden email]> wrote:
I liked this paper:
http://su.kuri.mu/00000001/2011----MY.LAWYER.IS.AN.ARTIST/

2011/11/28 Julian Brooks <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm hoping some people can point me towards any new and interesting
> FLOSS/FOSS papers/articles that have caught your imagination, preferably
> with a musical slant but not necessarily so.
>
> I'm doing some writing on this topic for my studies and would like to feel I
> have a thorough overview.
>
> Things along the lines of the FLOSS & Art book or Marloes de Valk's article
> in Organised Sound from 2009 are perfect.
>
> Very best wishes,
>
> Julian

Re: [puredyne] fresh foss/floss articles (ot)

This isn't that recent, but I enjoyed it.  2002 i believe.

http://subsol.c3.hu/subsol_2/contributors3/casconetext.html#

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Julian Brooks <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yay - bang on.

Cheers Dan,

Julian

On 28 November 2011 11:59, Dan S <[hidden email]> wrote:
I liked this paper:
http://su.kuri.mu/00000001/2011----MY.LAWYER.IS.AN.ARTIST/

2011/11/28 Julian Brooks <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm hoping some people can point me towards any new and interesting
> FLOSS/FOSS papers/articles that have caught your imagination, preferably
> with a musical slant but not necessarily so.
>
> I'm doing some writing on this topic for my studies and would like to feel I
> have a thorough overview.
>
> Things along the lines of the FLOSS & Art book or Marloes de Valk's article
> in Organised Sound from 2009 are perfect.
>
> Very best wishes,
>
> Julian

Julian Brooks Julian Brooks

Re: [puredyne] fresh foss/floss articles (ot)

Hey Grant,

Thanks for weighing in with this.

I think this one pretty much counts as a classic/set text these days.

I don't know if you follow the pd-list but it was noticeable that Mr Cascone has jumped ship and abandoned Mac-World/Max for the greener pastures of FOSS and Pd.  Hurrah.

Cheers,

Julian