[puredyne] fluxus 0,17rc5

Dave Griffiths Dave Griffiths

[puredyne] fluxus 0,17rc5

Hi all,

Gabor has fixed the crash for shaders running on the free graphics
drivers, so I've copied the new version into the puredyne ppa.

cheers,

dave

Rob Canning-3 Rob Canning-3

Re: [puredyne] fluxus 0,17rc5

Dave Griffiths wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Gabor has fixed the crash for shaders running on the free graphics
> drivers, so I've copied the new version into the puredyne ppa.

hi dave, gabor,
we're hoping to get the new maverick based puredyne release out in the
next two weeks - we already have a testing alpha and one big missing app
is fluxus
i see in the puredyne ppa there is the 17rc5 version for lucid and i can
see some failed builds by dan of a version for maverick -
would be great if you could bang your heads together and see why that
maverick build failed
cheers
rob

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 14:22 +0000, Rob Canning wrote:

> Dave Griffiths wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Gabor has fixed the crash for shaders running on the free graphics
> > drivers, so I've copied the new version into the puredyne ppa.
> >

> hi dave, gabor,
> we're hoping to get the new maverick based puredyne release out in the
> next two weeks - we already have a testing alpha and one big missing app
> is fluxus
> i see in the puredyne ppa there is the 17rc5 version for lucid and i can
> see some failed builds by dan of a version for maverick -
> would be great if you could bang your heads together and see why that
> maverick build failed

The problem (I think) is that Racket is not packaged for maverick yet.
This is a huge task for us to do, but I've approached this in the past
by static linking the racket libs in - there is a build option to do
this.

If I can get a machine to install maverick on I will be able to have a
look at this, but practical and time issues make this rather tricky at
the moment.

cheers,

dave

Rob Canning-3 Rob Canning-3

Re: [puredyne] fluxus 0,17rc5

David Griffiths wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 14:22 +0000, Rob Canning wrote:
>
>> Dave Griffiths wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Gabor has fixed the crash for shaders running on the free graphics
>>> drivers, so I've copied the new version into the puredyne ppa.
>>>

>> hi dave, gabor,
>> we're hoping to get the new maverick based puredyne release out in the
>> next two weeks - we already have a testing alpha and one big missing app
>> is fluxus
>> i see in the puredyne ppa there is the 17rc5 version for lucid and i can
>> see some failed builds by dan of a version for maverick -
>> would be great if you could bang your heads together and see why that
>> maverick build failed
>>

> The problem (I think) is that Racket is not packaged for maverick yet.

maybe its there now?

https://launchpad.net/~plt/+archive/racket/+index?field.series_filter=maverick

rob

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 14:36 +0000, Rob Canning wrote:

> David Griffiths wrote:
> > Hi all,

> >> hi dave, gabor,
> >> we're hoping to get the new maverick based puredyne release out in the
> >> next two weeks - we already have a testing alpha and one big missing app
> >> is fluxus
> >> i see in the puredyne ppa there is the 17rc5 version for lucid and i can
> >> see some failed builds by dan of a version for maverick -
> >> would be great if you could bang your heads together and see why that
> >> maverick build failed
> >>

> > The problem (I think) is that Racket is not packaged for maverick yet.
> >
> maybe its there now?
>
> https://launchpad.net/~plt/+archive/racket/+index?field.series_filter=maverick

Excellent - this seems to be the version I'm using too, so I'll try and
kick of a build on the launchpad.

cheers,

dave