[puredyne] edirol

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

[puredyne] edirol

Dear community,
I have a edirol fa-66 firewire soundcard.
I can activate it via jack.
But: How can I listen to music via this external modul?
Gmplayer, VLC-player etc. are using the built in sound card of my laptop.

Claude Heiland-Allen Claude Heiland-Allen

Re: [puredyne] edirol

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Dear community,
> I have a edirol fa-66 firewire soundcard.
> I can activate it via jack.
> But: How can I listen to music via this external modul?

If JACK is working, configure the audio players to use JACK, for example
I have this in my  ~/.mplayer/config to try JACK first while gracefully
falling back to other drivers:

ao=jack,alsa,oss,

(added to lp:broth in revision 385)

> Gmplayer, VLC-player etc. are using the built in sound card of my laptop.

In VLC you can set Tools -> Preferences -> Audio -> Output -> JACK

But it might be necessary to connect VLC's outputs to the soundcard
(using qjackctl, for example).

Thanks,

Claude

enrike enrike

Re: [puredyne] edirol

al., 2010.eko apiren 05a 16:45(e)an, Stefan Thomas(e)k idatzi zuen:
> Dear community,
> I have a edirol fa-66 firewire soundcard.
> I can activate it via jack.
> But: How can I listen to music via this external modul?
> Gmplayer, VLC-player etc. are using the built in sound card of my laptop.

i think you have to setup those apps to use jack.

enrike

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

Re: [puredyne] edirol

Dear Claude,
thanks for Your help! I could change it sucessfully
Hi Stefan,