Quantcast

[puredyne] copy paste in command line

felix nicolás nicanor felix nicolás nicanor

[puredyne] copy paste in command line

Hello List,
I'm studying William Shotts's Linux Command Line and sometimes I need to
copy some text (like a long file name) from and to the shell emulator.
In Xubuntu I did that using ctrl+shift+c and ctrl+shift+v but I cannot
find the way in Puredyne to do the same. Is it possible?
Thank you,
Felix
KarlHungus KarlHungus

Re: [puredyne] copy paste in command line

this works for me:
copy to x terminal : ctrl c some text and press both laptop mouse buttons while in emulator
copy from x terminal: highlight text in terminal and press both mouse buttons to copy, open gedit or something similar and do the same again to paste
felix nicolás nicanor felix nicolás nicanor

Re: [puredyne] copy paste in command line

Thank you Karl,
It worked for me a bit different: I select text in the emulator and,
while the cursor is over the selection, I press both touchpad buttons
and it does the whole job: the selected text is pasted to the prompt.
Thank you again,
Felix

KarlHungus wrote:

> this works for me:
> copy to x terminal : ctrl c some text and press both laptop mouse buttons
> while in emulator
> copy from x terminal: highlight text in terminal and press both mouse
> buttons to copy, open gedit or something similar and do the same again to
> paste

ege ege

Re: [puredyne] copy paste in command line

Ctrl-shift-c and Ctrl-shift-v works for me fine for copy paste via terminal.

KarlHungus wrote:
this works for me:
copy to x terminal : ctrl c some text and press both laptop mouse buttons
while in emulator
copy from x terminal: highlight text in terminal and press both mouse
buttons to copy, open gedit or something similar and do the same again to
paste

Piece Love Unity_Eugene

Piece_Love_Unity
egelor.tumblr.com
felix nicolás nicanor felix nicolás nicanor

Re: [puredyne] copy paste in command line

It worked like that for me in Xubuntu, but not in Puredyne. Anyway I'm glad it works.

KarlHungus wrote:
this works for me:
copy to x terminal : ctrl c some text and press both laptop mouse buttons
while in emulator
copy from x terminal: highlight text in terminal and press both mouse
buttons to copy, open gedit or something similar and do the same again to
paste
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="irc://">irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="irc://">irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

--
Piece Love Unity_Eugene

--- [hidden email] http://identi.ca/group/puredyne <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne">irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

ddw_music ddw_music

Re: [puredyne] copy paste in command line

> Eugene Tryfonides wrote:
>
>     Ctrl-shift-c and Ctrl-shift-v works for me fine for copy paste via terminal.

At Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:10:28 -0200,
felix nicanor wrote:
> It worked like that for me in Xubuntu, but not in Puredyne. Anyway I'm glad it works.

In my non-xubuntu ubuntu install, "terminal" in the apps menu opens "gnome-terminal," which is not the same as xterm(?) used in puredyne IIRC (at least, in puredyne 9.10). So it's understandable that they would behave differently.

James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
[hidden email]

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal."  -- Whitman

felix nicanor wrote:

It worked like that for me in Xubuntu, but not in Puredyne. Anyway I'm glad it works.

In my non-xubuntu ubuntu install, "terminal" in the apps menu opens "gnome-terminal," which is not the same as xterm(?) used in puredyne IIRC (at least, in puredyne 9.10). So it's understandable that they would behave differently.

James

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the fact in my case too