[puredyne] changed permission on hard drive-system wont boot

J bz J bz

[puredyne] changed permission on hard drive-system wont boot

Hey all,

So, I was changing permission on a drive, and I have altered the wrong partition so that the partition with the OS will not mount when booting.  I added a group to the options on the system partition, which seems to be the problem.

Is there a way of changing this during the boot process?

I tried using the live dvd to change the permission that way but it has gone back to the original setting when taking the dvd disc out again.

I'm running C&C Ubuntu flavour.

Cheers,

Jb

Re: [puredyne] changed permission on hard drive-system wont boot

J bz said :

> Hey all,
>
> So, I was changing permission on a drive, and I have altered the wrong
> partition so that the partition with the OS will not mount when booting.  I
> added a group to the options on the system partition, which seems to be the
> problem.
>
> Is there a way of changing this during the boot process?
>
> I tried using the live dvd to change the permission that way but it has gone
> back to the original setting when taking the dvd disc out again.

How did you change the partitions permissions? by editing /etc/fstab?
If yes, the use a liveCD/DVD, mount the / partition of your local disk
and edit back and reboot.

a.