[puredyne] canon ip2600 printer

w3rn w3rn

[puredyne] canon ip2600 printer

Hi,

I tried using the gnome printer app to set-up the Canon ip2600. But when I try to do print a test page, the lights on the printer just blinks and no page is printed.
I found some information about where to get the drive for the canon ip2600
but the drivers are in .rpm format. Can you used use rpm download procedures with
Puredyne. Or do have a better suggestion?

THKS,
Uram

Re: [puredyne] canon ip2600 printer

[hidden email] said :
> Hi,
>
> I tried using the gnome printer app to set-up the Canon ip2600. But when I try to do print a test page, the lights on the printer just blinks and no page is printed.
> I found some information about where to get the drive for the canon ip2600
> but the drivers are in .rpm format. Can you used use rpm download procedures with
> Puredyne. Or do have a better suggestion?

Printing on Puredyne is very standard.

 - install cups via the package manager (aptitude, synaptic, apt,...) if
   not already present (cups is the program that manage printing jobs
and your printers)
 - check on http://www.openprinting.org/printers/ if your printer
   requires a specific driver
 - check if this driver is already listed in the package manager,
   otherwise download it following the links from linuxprinting.
 - open you fav browser and points to http://localhost:631 If everything
   is fine you should see the web interface of cups (please note that
chromium seems to have some issues with the new cups interface)
 - choose add printer and you will be asked for your username and
   password.
 - then follow the different setup steps, depending on your printer, the
   driver will be already in the list or you will have to provide a
"PPD" file for it (it should be self-explanatory when you go through the
add printer wizard).