[puredyne] Upgrade path

support support

[puredyne] Upgrade path

Hi list,
I have noticed that the new 10.10 based P:D seems to be close. I have been
using the 9.10 based version for the last year on a USB key (full
install).

I would like to ask if it will be possible to do something like an apt-get
upgrade from a new repo to get my 9.10 system up to the new 10.10 version
or if I need start again from scratch?

Thanks in advance

David Moss

Re: [puredyne] Upgrade path

[hidden email] said :
> Hi list,
> I have noticed that the new 10.10 based P:D seems to be close. I have been
> using the 9.10 based version for the last year on a USB key (full
> install).
>
> I would like to ask if it will be possible to do something like an apt-get
> upgrade from a new repo to get my 9.10 system up to the new 10.10 version
> or if I need start again from scratch?

If you have made a full install using ubiquity, you can just use
the do-release-upgrade command line tool.
You might have to do some manual tweaks though, such as installing the
proper kernel, and get the latest skel folder, but that should be it.

If you are using Puredyne as a liveUSB/HD/CD then you only have to
overwrite the content from the system partition (the one with the live
folder) with the new live folder and your home should be fine and be
detected the same.

In both case you might want to look at the new config files in the skel
folder to make sure you have the changes we might have made in some dot
files, etc.

We'll provide doc on how to do it.