[puredyne] Subject: Re: zynaddsubfx, fm-ratio

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

[puredyne] Subject: Re: zynaddsubfx, fm-ratio

Dear Adriaan,
thanks very much.
I tried what You suggested.
I could change to fm, but I couldn't change the external modulator to "on".
And is it true, that I can change the modulator's frequency only in cents, not in ratios?

hey stefan,

you have to switch the modulation type to FM (default is OFF)
then you will have a second (modulator) frequency parameter
see attached image

jk

On 03/13/2011 11:00 AM, Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Dear community,
> maybee my question is very stupid, but I couldn't find out:
> How can I change the ratio for fm-synthesis in zynaddsubfx?

Re: [puredyne] Subject: Re: zynaddsubfx, fm-ratio

On 03/15/2011 06:24 PM, Stefan Thomas wrote:
> I could change to fm, but I couldn't change the external modulator to "on".

that's not needed to get a carrier/modulator pair (fm)

> And is it true, that I can change the modulator's frequency only in cents,
> not in ratios?

ratio here denotes the relative pitch of the modulator compared to the
carrier. pitches are changed in cents, one cent is a hundredth of a half
tone (an interval of c-c# for example), so it's again a relative pitch,
not absolute (like Hertz).

so by changing the modfreq in cents, you actualy do change the ratio