[puredyne] Puredyne in hp dm1 3080

felix nicolás nicanor felix nicolás nicanor

[puredyne] Puredyne in hp dm1 3080

Hello,
Does anyone here have experience with Puredyne in this hp laptop?
I´ve got one with 8 gb ram and I´m willing to install Puredyne.
Any related info would be appreciated.
Thank you
Felix
alastair alastair

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne in hp dm1 3080

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:03:51PM -0300, felix nicolás nicanor wrote:
> Hello,
> Does anyone here have experience with Puredyne in this hp laptop?
> I´ve got one with 8 gb ram and I´m willing to install Puredyne.
> Any related info would be appreciated.

No (I am using a few-years-old ASUS eee netbook), but once you have
it installed on your hard disk it looks like you can update to "ubuntu
lucid" and so get the latest security updates if you are often connected to the internet.  I am happy with Puredyne as it is a nice lightweight distribution
with good "real-time" audio/video, and you can extend it with as many
ubuntu .deb packages as you like.

- Alastair Jenkins
felix nicolás nicanor felix nicolás nicanor

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne in hp dm1 3080

Hi Alastair, and thank you for your answer.
I decided to take the chance and installed Puredyne in it.
Do you (or anyone in the list) know how to make it recognize my 8 gb
ram? I tryed this:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-use-more-than-3gb-ram-on-32-bit-ubuntu.html
but did not work.
Thank you in advance,
Felix

2012/1/17, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:03:51PM -0300, felix nicolás nicanor wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Does anyone here have experience with Puredyne in this hp laptop?
>> I´ve got one with 8 gb ram and I´m willing to install Puredyne.
>> Any related info would be appreciated.
>
> No (I am using a few-years-old ASUS eee netbook), but once you have
> it installed on your hard disk it looks like you can update to "ubuntu
> lucid" and so get the latest security updates if you are often connected to
> the internet.  I am happy with Puredyne as it is a nice lightweight
> distribution
> with good "real-time" audio/video, and you can extend it with as many
> ubuntu .deb packages as you like.
>
> - Alastair Jenkins

ege ege

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne in hp dm1 3080

I use 2 years now puredyne. Now this system Neuron works with Ubuntu oneirc.
Only one machine run Puredyne and a back up machine ToshibaA100..2Gb memo + Actapus_Server 32bit 512Mb memo, system is clearly stable with karmic old-releases.

--
My webpages egelor  : egepress  : My Server Actapus
Piece Love Unity_

Piece_Love_Unity
egelor.tumblr.com

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne in hp dm1 3080

My main computer is running with 8gm of ram with no problem... and on
puredyne - but I installed it
when I only had 4gb of memory - what do you mean to make it recognize
my 8gb ? can you install it on the laptop ?

On 17.01.2012 09:21, felix nicolás nicanor wrote:

> Hi Alastair, and thank you for your answer.
> I decided to take the chance and installed Puredyne in it.
> Do you (or anyone in the list) know how to make it recognize my 8 gb
> ram? I tryed this:
>
> http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-use-more-than-3gb-ram-on-32-bit-ubuntu.html
> but did not work.
> Thank you in advance,
> Felix
>
> 2012/1/17, [hidden email]
> <[hidden email]>:
>> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:03:51PM -0300, felix nicolás nicanor
>> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> Does anyone here have experience with Puredyne in this hp laptop?
>>> I´ve got one with 8 gb ram and I´m willing to install Puredyne.
>>> Any related info would be appreciated.
>>
>> No (I am using a few-years-old ASUS eee netbook), but once you have
>> it installed on your hard disk it looks like you can update to
>> "ubuntu
>> lucid" and so get the latest security updates if you are often
>> connected to
>> the internet.  I am happy with Puredyne as it is a nice lightweight
>> distribution
>> with good "real-time" audio/video, and you can extend it with as
>> many
>> ubuntu .deb packages as you like.
>>
>> - Alastair Jenkins

felix nicolás nicanor felix nicolás nicanor

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne in hp dm1 3080

Sorry, Geofroy, I meant that it seemed that the 64 bit Puredyne didn't
recognize my 8 gb ram, but I couldn't study further. I was having lots
of different not recognized hardware -sound, right mouse button,
wireless, contextual menu key, volume keys- and had to move to ubuntu
studio.
I am not able to take the time to fix all this right now because I
have a lot of work to do, so I guess I will have to wait for a
Puredyne update.
Thank you a lot
Felix