[puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

12

[puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

Hi everyone,

Some of us will work online the 1st and 2nd of February to put the final
bits of the Gazpacho release that was cooked during the Puredyne Sprint
hosted at [ space ] (http://www.spacestudios.org.uk) some time ago.

We will be hanging out in #puredyne at irc.gosub10.org (irc.goto10.org,
irc.giss.tv, irc.servus.at, irc.leplacard.org will work too).

We welcome any help in this final stage, from writing docs to fixing
bugs and cleaning the issue tracker, or whatever else we might have
forgotten to do. It's also the last chance for you to request or help
improve some features before things get frozen for this new release.

See you on Tuesday :)

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

sounds good! it's all day ?

geoffroy tremblay said :
> sounds good! it's all day ?

It's the whole day at least for a few of us :)
Whole day being morning/afternoon/evening around the GMT/GMT+1
timezones.

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Aymeric Mansoux <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Some of us will work online the 1st and 2nd of February to put the final
> > bits of the Gazpacho release that was cooked during the Puredyne Sprint
> > hosted at [ space ] (http://www.spacestudios.org.uk) some time ago.
> >
> > We will be hanging out in #puredyne at irc.gosub10.org (irc.goto10.org,
> > irc.giss.tv, irc.servus.at, irc.leplacard.org will work too).
> >
> > We welcome any help in this final stage, from writing docs to fixing
> > bugs and cleaning the issue tracker, or whatever else we might have
> > forgotten to do. It's also the last chance for you to request or help
> > improve some features before things get frozen for this new release.
> >
> > See you on Tuesday :)
> >
> > a.
> > --
> > http://su.kuri.mu
> >
> > ---
> > [hidden email]
> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

Igor Medeiros Igor Medeiros

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

i don't know where's the best place to request but can you include a new supercollider Ugen from nick collins on Gazpacho?

SCMIR, there's a source code on:
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/nc81/code.html

thx in advance
igor medeiros

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Aymeric Mansoux <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Some of us will work online the 1st and 2nd of February to put the final
bits of the Gazpacho release that was cooked during the Puredyne Sprint
hosted at [ space ] (http://www.spacestudios.org.uk) some time ago.

We will be hanging out in #puredyne at irc.gosub10.org (irc.goto10.org,
irc.giss.tv, irc.servus.at, irc.leplacard.org will work too).

We welcome any help in this final stage, from writing docs to fixing
bugs and cleaning the issue tracker, or whatever else we might have
forgotten to do. It's also the last chance for you to request or help
improve some features before things get frozen for this new release.

See you on Tuesday :)

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

Hmmmmmmmm well that's actually a couple of ugens plus some class code
too, it's a new set of stuff (still in alpha) - do you use it?
Interesting to know. It's fairly recent but if people are already
doing cool things with it, might be worth thinking about...

Dan

2011/1/29 Igor Medeiros <[hidden email]>:

> i don't know where's the best place to request but can you include a new
> supercollider Ugen from nick collins on Gazpacho?
>
> SCMIR, there's a source code on:
> http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/nc81/code.html
>
> thx in advance
> igor medeiros
>

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Aymeric Mansoux <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Some of us will work online the 1st and 2nd of February to put the final
>> bits of the Gazpacho release that was cooked during the Puredyne Sprint
>> hosted at [ space ] (http://www.spacestudios.org.uk) some time ago.
>>
>> We will be hanging out in #puredyne at irc.gosub10.org (irc.goto10.org,
>> irc.giss.tv, irc.servus.at, irc.leplacard.org will work too).
>>
>> We welcome any help in this final stage, from writing docs to fixing
>> bugs and cleaning the issue tracker, or whatever else we might have
>> forgotten to do. It's also the last chance for you to request or help
>> improve some features before things get frozen for this new release.
>>
>> See you on Tuesday :)
>>
>> a.
>> --
>> http://su.kuri.mu

Julian Brooks Julian Brooks

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

Hey all,

If we're getting into this here please please please can we get the 'pd-msd' lib working (I have submitted a bug report about this).  Atm I am unable to use puredyne for my music work and it's a right royal pain.

Cheers,

Jb

On 31 January 2011 08:53, Dan S <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm well that's actually a couple of ugens plus some class code
too, it's a new set of stuff (still in alpha) - do you use it?
Interesting to know. It's fairly recent but if people are already
doing cool things with it, might be worth thinking about...

Dan

2011/1/29 Igor Medeiros <[hidden email]>:
> i don't know where's the best place to request but can you include a new
> supercollider Ugen from nick collins on Gazpacho?
>
> SCMIR, there's a source code on:
> http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/nc81/code.html
>
> thx in advance
> igor medeiros
>

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Aymeric Mansoux <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Some of us will work online the 1st and 2nd of February to put the final
>> bits of the Gazpacho release that was cooked during the Puredyne Sprint
>> hosted at [ space ] (http://www.spacestudios.org.uk) some time ago.
>>
>> We will be hanging out in #puredyne at irc.gosub10.org (irc.goto10.org,
>> irc.giss.tv, irc.servus.at, irc.leplacard.org will work too).
>>
>> We welcome any help in this final stage, from writing docs to fixing
>> bugs and cleaning the issue tracker, or whatever else we might have
>> forgotten to do. It's also the last chance for you to request or help
>> improve some features before things get frozen for this new release.
>>
>> See you on Tuesday :)
>>
>> a.
>> --
>> http://su.kuri.mu

Manjunan Gnanaratnam Manjunan Gnanaratnam

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon! Hello

1. Any chance of getting Marije Baalman's recommendations  onto  this release?

“ think that MotionTrackOSC (available from my website at
http://www.nescivi.nl) could be a useful tool for a Pure-Dyne-Dance version,
along with some helper programs like dv4l, which allows to use dv-cameras as
Video4Linux devices.. necessary for the video input for MotionTrackOSC

Another interesting piece of software would be Animata, for real-time
animations, which isn't in Pure:Dyne yet, I believe, but would be a really
good candidate in general"

Thanks much.

Manju.

Manjunan Gnanaratnam
[<a href="http://www.manjunan.com]">http://www.manjunan.com]
[<a href="http://www.opensourcedance.org]">http://www.opensourcedance.org]

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music."-Aldous Huxley

Manjunan Gnanaratnam said :

> Hello
>
> 1. Any chance of getting Marije Baalman's recommendations  onto  this
> release?
>
> ³ think that MotionTrackOSC (available from my website at
> http://www.nescivi.nl) could be a useful tool for a Pure-Dyne-Dance version,
> along with some helper programs like dv4l, which allows to use dv-cameras as
> Video4Linux devices.. necessary for the video input for MotionTrackOSC
>
> Another interesting piece of software would be Animata, for real-time
> animations, which isn't in Pure:Dyne yet, I believe, but would be a really
> good candidate in general"

Are these two packaged for Debian/Ubuntu?

nescivi nescivi

On Tuesday 01 February 2011 08:00:06 Aymeric Mansoux wrote:

> Manjunan Gnanaratnam said :
> > Hello
> >
> > 1. Any chance of getting Marije Baalman's recommendations  onto  this
> > release?
> >
> > ³ think that MotionTrackOSC (available from my website at
> > http://www.nescivi.nl) could be a useful tool for a Pure-Dyne-Dance
> > version, along with some helper programs like dv4l, which allows to use
> > dv-cameras as Video4Linux devices.. necessary for the video input for
> > MotionTrackOSC
> >
> > Another interesting piece of software would be Animata, for real-time
> > animations, which isn't in Pure:Dyne yet, I believe, but would be a
> > really good candidate in general"
>
> Are these two packaged for Debian/Ubuntu?

MotionTrackOSC:

Currently no.
I don't know how hard that would be?

Dependencies are
opencv
liblo

dv4l and dv4lstart are useful helpers to get dv cameras as input.
I think dv4l doesn't work with newer kernels though.
I did get dv4lstart running earlier this year...

Animata:
ask Gabor Papp for advice!
I'm sure he'd be happy to have it included...

sincerely,
Marije
Igor Medeiros Igor Medeiros

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

i am using pure:dyne to learn supercollider. (ok, i really like fluxus/pd also...)

psycollider didn't work for me, there's a lot of examples/tutorials that just don't work without some quarks. and i did try to install supercollider on slackware and ubuntu (with quarks etc) without sucess. (realtime kernels, dependency troubles, too much troubles...)

i am really enjoying  have a almost new version (on pure:dyne 911 it's sc v.3.31 i think), with all quarks, well done, i just installed pure:dyne on a pendrive and have all my small txt files with me. now my main laptop is broken and pure:dyne/supercollider is working without problems on another laptop while i fix the other.

i really like the work you're doing in supporting sc for linux, and giving a much better experience on pure:dyne, so i expect supercollider in p:d to be as in sync as possible to include a lot of interesting works by the development team and collaborators. bbcut library by nick collins was my main reason to go deeper into sc3 and guess what? i discover a lot of new features when got in my hands a full distro with sc and all quarks working, new fft ways, great f0 visualisations working, and now with android/iphone versions on the way! i don't use SCMIR yet, but i am really wanting to try it, expecting more possibilities. great team work, good free software working!

thx
igor

nescivi said :

> On Tuesday 01 February 2011 08:00:06 Aymeric Mansoux wrote:
> > Manjunan Gnanaratnam said :
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > 1. Any chance of getting Marije Baalman's recommendations  onto  this
> > > release?
> > >
> > > ³ think that MotionTrackOSC (available from my website at
> > > http://www.nescivi.nl) could be a useful tool for a Pure-Dyne-Dance
> > > version, along with some helper programs like dv4l, which allows to use
> > > dv-cameras as Video4Linux devices.. necessary for the video input for
> > > MotionTrackOSC
> > >
> > > Another interesting piece of software would be Animata, for real-time
> > > animations, which isn't in Pure:Dyne yet, I believe, but would be a
> > > really good candidate in general"
> >
> > Are these two packaged for Debian/Ubuntu?
>

> MotionTrackOSC:
>
> Currently no.
> I don't know how hard that would be?
>
> Dependencies are
> opencv
> liblo

Can I convince you to make one for us then? ;)
It's not very hard indeed, but not really the most exciting thing
either to be honest...

We can add you to the puredyne-team PPA and you could upload/build it
there directly.

> dv4l and dv4lstart are useful helpers to get dv cameras as input.
> I think dv4l doesn't work with newer kernels though.
> I did get dv4lstart running earlier this year...

Better list these as package requests here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/broth

Otherwise we will all forget about it...

> Animata:
> ask Gabor Papp for advice!
> I'm sure he'd be happy to have it included...

I think he might be on the list...
But... http://animata.kibu.hu/downloads.html, does not look like it's
been ported to GNU/Linux?

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

How woud we go about adding some more console action - i was thinking
w3m, mutt, mocp and newsbeutter

but mainly wishing for mocp which is a neat audio player - which seems
to be missing from the distro (I really love audio player that let you
browse your own folder and doesn't re-arrange everything it self)

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Aymeric Mansoux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> nescivi said :

>> > Are these two packaged for Debian/Ubuntu?
>>

>> MotionTrackOSC:
>>
>> Currently no.
>> I don't know how hard that would be?
>>
>> Dependencies are
>> opencv
>> liblo
>
> Can I convince you to make one for us then? ;)
> It's not very hard indeed, but not really the most exciting thing
> either to be honest...
>
> We can add you to the puredyne-team PPA and you could upload/build it
> there directly.
>

>> dv4l and dv4lstart are useful helpers to get dv cameras as input.
>> I think dv4l doesn't work with newer kernels though.
>> I did get dv4lstart running earlier this year...
>
> Better list these as package requests here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/broth
>
> Otherwise we will all forget about it...
>

>> Animata:
>> ask Gabor Papp for advice!
>> I'm sure he'd be happy to have it included...
>
> I think he might be on the list...
> But... http://animata.kibu.hu/downloads.html, does not look like it's
> been ported to GNU/Linux?
>

> a.
> --
> http://su.kuri.mu

nescivi nescivi

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

Hiho,

On Wednesday 02 February 2011 12:46:53 Aymeric Mansoux wrote:

> nescivi said :

> > > Are these two packaged for Debian/Ubuntu?
> >
> > MotionTrackOSC:
> >
> > Currently no.
> > I don't know how hard that would be?
> >
> > Dependencies are
> > opencv
> > liblo
>
> Can I convince you to make one for us then? ;)
> It's not very hard indeed, but not really the most exciting thing
> either to be honest...
>
> We can add you to the puredyne-team PPA and you could upload/build it
> there directly.

Do you have an example scons script to set this up from a similarly simple
program?
While I'm at it, I would then also make a WiiOsc package :)

> > dv4l and dv4lstart are useful helpers to get dv cameras as input.
> > I think dv4l doesn't work with newer kernels though.
> > I did get dv4lstart running earlier this year...
>
> Better list these as package requests here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/broth
>
> Otherwise we will all forget about it...

done.

> > Animata:
> > ask Gabor Papp for advice!
> > I'm sure he'd be happy to have it included...
>
> I think he might be on the list...
> But... http://animata.kibu.hu/downloads.html, does not look like it's
> been ported to GNU/Linux?

It builds on 32bit. I tried that about a year ago.
Not sure whether in the meantime it will work 64bit too; I think one of the
problems was in one of the dependencies, more than Animata itself, so that may
have been resolved by now.

sincerely,
Marije

2011/2/3 nescivi <[hidden email]>:

> Hiho,
>
> On Wednesday 02 February 2011 12:46:53 Aymeric Mansoux wrote:
>> nescivi said :

>> > MotionTrackOSC:
>> >
>> > Currently no.
>> > I don't know how hard that would be?
>> >
>> > Dependencies are
>> > opencv
>> > liblo
>>
>> Can I convince you to make one for us then? ;)
>> It's not very hard indeed, but not really the most exciting thing
>> either to be honest...
>>
>> We can add you to the puredyne-team PPA and you could upload/build it
>> there directly.
>
> Do you have an example scons script to set this up from a similarly simple
> program?
> While I'm at it, I would then also make a WiiOsc package :)

You don't use a scons script, you just need the standard "debuild"
stuff. Have a look at the "debian packaging guide", there's some stuff
about how to automatically create an initial set of packaging scripts
for a simple program. It'll create the ./debian/control ./debian/rules
./debian/changelog and suchlike, then if needed you can add the
build-dependencies to the control file. (The idea would be that the
rules file can invoke your scons build script or whatever you're
already using.)

So once you've done the initial semi-automatic setup, you should be in
a position where you can just run "debuild", which will invoke the
build scripts and create a working .deb. To actually upload you'd
build a source package ("debuild -S") and then upload that to PPA
using "dput".

Dan

>> > dv4l and dv4lstart are useful helpers to get dv cameras as input.
>> > I think dv4l doesn't work with newer kernels though.
>> > I did get dv4lstart running earlier this year...
>>
>> Better list these as package requests here:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/broth
>>
>> Otherwise we will all forget about it...
>
> done.
>

>> > Animata:
>> > ask Gabor Papp for advice!
>> > I'm sure he'd be happy to have it included...
>>
>> I think he might be on the list...
>> But... http://animata.kibu.hu/downloads.html, does not look like it's
>> been ported to GNU/Linux?
>
> It builds on 32bit. I tried that about a year ago.
> Not sure whether in the meantime it will work 64bit too; I think one of the
> problems was in one of the dependencies, more than Animata itself, so that may
> have been resolved by now.
>
> sincerely,
> Marije

Manjunan Gnanaratnam Manjunan Gnanaratnam

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

Marije/Aymeric/Dan

Just to say thanks so much for doing this at such a late date. I truly
appreciate it.

I currently have a dancer from the pilot group of Open Source Dance who is
testing Puredyne and he thinks it is an amazing product and has all the
utilities/tools that a 21st century dancer needs. Marije's contributions
will add to it.

This is too late for Gespacho, but I am currently researching Labanwriter.
It a notating tool for dance and only currently on Mac/Win. Will keep you
posted on where I get with its utilization.

Thanks again much.

Best

Manju.
Manjunan Gnanaratnam
Founder/Director
Open Source Dance
[http://www.opensourcedance.org]
[http://www.manjunan.com]

> From: nescivi <[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 13:13:46 +0100
> To: puredyne <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!
>
> Hiho,
>
> On Wednesday 02 February 2011 12:46:53 Aymeric Mansoux wrote:
>> nescivi said :

>>> MotionTrackOSC:
>>>
>>> Currently no.
>>> I don't know how hard that would be?
>>>
>>> Dependencies are
>>> opencv
>>> liblo
>>
>> Can I convince you to make one for us then? ;)
>> It's not very hard indeed, but not really the most exciting thing
>> either to be honest...
>>
>> We can add you to the puredyne-team PPA and you could upload/build it
>> there directly.
>
> Do you have an example scons script to set this up from a similarly simple
> program?
> While I'm at it, I would then also make a WiiOsc package :)
>

>>> dv4l and dv4lstart are useful helpers to get dv cameras as input.
>>> I think dv4l doesn't work with newer kernels though.
>>> I did get dv4lstart running earlier this year...
>>
>> Better list these as package requests here:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/broth
>>
>> Otherwise we will all forget about it...
>
> done.
>

>>> Animata:
>>> ask Gabor Papp for advice!
>>> I'm sure he'd be happy to have it included...
>>
>> I think he might be on the list...
>> But... http://animata.kibu.hu/downloads.html, does not look like it's
>> been ported to GNU/Linux?
>
> It builds on 32bit. I tried that about a year ago.
> Not sure whether in the meantime it will work 64bit too; I think one of the
> problems was in one of the dependencies, more than Animata itself, so that may
> have been resolved by now.
>
> sincerely,
> Marije

Igor Medeiros Igor Medeiros

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

another good application that i just discovered is sonic visualizer:
http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/
there's a .deb ubuntu 32bit package but i didnt see its deps...
is it too late to add it on Gazpacho?

more info:

Features and Design Goals

Sonic Visualiser contains features for the following:

  • Load audio files in WAV, Ogg and MP3 formats, and view their waveforms.
  • Look at audio visualisations such as spectrogram views, with interactive adjustment of display parameters.
  • Annotate audio data by adding labelled time points and defining segments, point values and curves.
  • Overlay annotations on top of one another with aligned scales, and overlay annotations on top of waveform or spectrogram views.
  • View the same data at multiple time resolutions simultaneously (for close-up and overview).
  • Run feature-extraction plugins to calculate annotations automatically, using algorithms such as beat trackers, pitch detectors and so on.
  • Import annotation layers from various text file formats.
  • Import note data from MIDI files, view it alongside other frequency scales, and play it with the original audio.
  • Play back the audio plus synthesised annotations, taking care to synchronise playback with display.
  • Select areas of interest, optionally snapping to nearby feature locations, and audition individual and comparative selections in seamless loops.
  • Time-stretch playback, slowing right down or speeding up to a tiny fraction or huge multiple of the original speed while retaining a synchronised display.
  • Export audio regions and annotation layers to external files.

Olm-e said :

> I would be very happy if libtheora would be well packaged and tested
> against pdp_theonice~ and pdp_icedthe~  and gst-launch toward giss.tv
> and icecast2 server, to be sure audiovisual stream is working in/out
> flawlessly on such a distribution...
>
> nowadays it does'nt work on puredyne 9.11. nor on ubuntu 9.10 and
> 10.04... (it is on 9.04, but other things don't... hem)
> I had not the time to test it under ubuntu 10.10 (read install this one)
> so I can't tell where the problem is but realy it's an important issue
> since ubuntu 9.10 that no theora stream is possible on those subsequent
> distributions exept with ffmpeg2theora (which has it's own encoder if I
> have well understood...).
> I had no time to compile myself libtheora since the recent discution I
> had with Yves Degoyon about those objects acting weird (stream connected
> but very bad (time based)quality) and pointing that direction so I can't
> tell if this is the real problem neither...
> but anyhow this is a real showstopper to my view if theora stream toward
> giss.tv isn't working on pure:dyne itself ! ...
> thanks millions to look at/solve this issue (if any)

I spoke with Yves and the problem is that he does not have time at the
moment, to update the code for pdp_theonice~ to work with the latest
libtheora.

If you are desperate to run Pd with pdp_theonice~, Iam afraid that you
should stick with the 'Hardy' based Saha'buntu live CD for GISS.

If someone can compile pidip with a static link to the "working version"
of libtheora on maverick and if this solves the problem, then let us
know.

Relevant bugs:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/puredyne-live/+bug/507575
https://bugs.launchpad.net/puredyne-live/+bug/560922

2011/2/1 nescivi <[hidden email]>:

> On Tuesday 01 February 2011 08:00:06 Aymeric Mansoux wrote:
>> Manjunan Gnanaratnam said :
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > 1. Any chance of getting Marije Baalman's recommendations  onto  this
>> > release?
>> >
>> > ³ think that MotionTrackOSC (available from my website at
>> > http://www.nescivi.nl) could be a useful tool for a Pure-Dyne-Dance
>> > version, along with some helper programs like dv4l, which allows to use
>> > dv-cameras as Video4Linux devices.. necessary for the video input for
>> > MotionTrackOSC
>> >
>> > Another interesting piece of software would be Animata, for real-time
>> > animations, which isn't in Pure:Dyne yet, I believe, but would be a
>> > really good candidate in general"
>>
>> Are these two packaged for Debian/Ubuntu?
>

> MotionTrackOSC:
>
> Currently no.
> I don't know how hard that would be?
>
> Dependencies are
> opencv
> liblo
Well I made a very simple start at debian packaging scripts for
motiontrackosc. Attached is a zip of files to be unpacked to make a
debian/ folder inside the motiontrackosc/ source folder. I just used
the basic stuff to write it, and it seems to compile a source bundle
but for me the build fails (probably a version issue on the underlying
libs). Marije maybe you can see if you can get them working for you?
You can install these extra bits, try "debuild" and see if it builds
for you.

debian-formotiontrackosc.zip (29K) Download Attachment
KarlHungus KarlHungus

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

+1 for MotionTrackOSC, it would be so nice to see it in the next puredyne release

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne Gazpacho coming soon!

I started on a simple deb package for MotionTrackOSC, very simple stab
in the dark. If Marije has time to try them (or in fact anyone who
actually uses MotionTrackOSC! and therefore can test it properly) that
would be handy

Dan

2011/5/11 KarlHungus <[hidden email]>:

> +1 for MotionTrackOSC, it would be so nice to see it in the next puredyne
> release

12