[puredyne] Problem recording "line-in"

Olivier Revollat Olivier Revollat

[puredyne] Problem recording "line-in"

Hello ! I'm pretty new to puredyne. I currently testing it and it seems that when I plug my guitar on the "line-in" I can hear the sound but can't recording it ...

My sound card :
(~) % cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec                     puredyne
Codec: Realtek ALC1200

the microphone work well (caputre_1 and caputre_2) but can't record line-in ...

Any help please ... if you want more details

Thanks you very much !!

Re: [puredyne] Problem recording "line-in"

Have you check your alsa mixer ?

(type alsamixer in terminal)

One of my sound card I have to put the digital in to the minimum to
record digital in - which software are you using to record ?

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Olivier Revollat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello ! I'm pretty new to puredyne. I currently testing it and it seems that
> when I plug my guitar on the "line-in" I can hear the sound but can't
> recording it ...
>
> My sound card :
> (~) % cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
> puredyne
> Codec: Realtek ALC1200
>
> the microphone work well (caputre_1 and caputre_2) but can't record line-in
>
> Any help please ... if you want more details
>

> Thanks you very much !!

Tyler Leavitt Tyler Leavitt

Re: [puredyne] Problem recording "line-in"

What method are you using to record?

Are you using JACK (JACK Control) into Ardour (Audacity)?

Judging by capture_1 and capture_2 you are using JACK. Open "Ardour GTK2" and create a new audio track ("Track"-->"Add/Track Bus"). It should auto connect, but open up "Connections" in JACK Control and make sure capture_1 and/or capture_2 are connected to the Ardour input. Arm the new track to record (red light should be on). Press record and play.

Hope that helps.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Olivier Revollat <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello ! I'm pretty new to puredyne. I currently testing it and it seems that when I plug my guitar on the "line-in" I can hear the sound but can't recording it ...

My sound card :
(~) % cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec                     puredyne
Codec: Realtek ALC1200

the microphone work well (caputre_1 and caputre_2) but can't record line-in ...

Any help please ... if you want more details

Thanks you very much !!

Olivier Revollat Olivier Revollat

Re: [puredyne] Problem recording "line-in"

Hello thank you for your response :)
I am using jack with ardour and when I plugin my guitar on the microphone-in of my card it works but when I plug it into the line-in I can hear the sound but it dosen't record ...
I've tried the graphical mixer but not yet the terminal version of alsamixer ... will do

Thanks :)