Quantcast

[puredyne] Next Release

Julian Brooks Julian Brooks

[puredyne] Next Release

Hey all,

Hope you don't mind me asking:

Any sign of the next release?

I'm aware there's the beta1 version but I thought you'd done quite a lot of work since then, or should I dive into that one and have done with it:)

Cheers for all the admirable work so far,

Julian

Re: [puredyne] Next Release

Hey Julian,

J bz said :
> Hope you don't mind me asking:
>
> Any sign of the next release?
>
> I'm aware there's the beta1 version but I thought you'd done quite a lot of
> work since then, or should I dive into that one and have done with it:)

Not ready to use yet (mostly because of the syslinux problem - see mail
to Dan).

Next release most likely to be in the Summer.

We had a lot of delays due to real life catching up ;)
Whether it is academia or people getting jobs to pay the rent.

As usual, we welcome any kind of help, Puredyne is developed on our
spare time. If anyone knows an organization that would be willing to
fund a sprint/coding party, it would of course speed things up and buy
time from some of us. Other than that, as usual, documentation is
needed, packaging maintenance, and any idea/suggestion to improve the
project is very much welcome.

> Cheers for all the admirable work so far,

Thanks! :)

Julian Brooks Julian Brooks

Re: [puredyne] Next Release

Hi Aymeric,

Lovely to hear from you and I hope yourself and the family are all very well:)

Well, I have to say you guys are giving alpha releases a bad name...

I avoided checking it out as I presumed it would be at too early a stage for hacking weakling like myself, but check it out I did and it worked perfectly 1st time.  Who'd a thunk it!

It's this one, from here:
http://homes.visions.cz/puredyne/gazpacho/puredyne-1010-gazpacho-DVD-amd64-alpha.iso

Installed on the pd usb stick with unetboot.

Next

Installed on a Lenovo x61s.

Only issues I have had so far was with trying to get a firewire soundcard working on short notice but that seems more to do with the general state of firewire with 10.10.

With the 9.11 version I have been running for a while there has been issues with pd and jack not running happily together but tbh as I only ever use pd it's not been a problem.  Firewire was pretty frustrating though as it requires jack, was quite a stress getting it going.  The lesson being I guess; don't expect everything thing to work easy.  It's probably a good sign as most things I need to do normally work without much stress within puredyne.

On another note:
The 'exp~' tunes you guys did are fantastic.  I have been promoting them within all the computer music peeps at Huddersfield and everyone 'gets it'.

Cheers,

Julian

On 2 May 2011 08:46, Aymeric Mansoux <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Julian,