[puredyne] Local government IT departments

Dave Griffiths Dave Griffiths

[puredyne] Local government IT departments

Hi all,

I'm going to start collecting quotes from IT departments when they hear
the L word:

"We can not fall back on any Linux support in our organisation, and we
can not mess around with my organisations material and spoil 10 good
notebooks"

(in the context of using puredyne for a workshop)

cheers,

dave

padawan12@obiwannabe.co.uk padawan12@obiwannabe.co.uk

Re: [puredyne] Local government IT departments

"The factory of the future will have only two employees,
a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog.
The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the
equipment." - Warren G. Bennis

A modern IT department is the dog.

Please stop feeding it.

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:12:43 +0300
Dave Griffiths <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to start collecting quotes from IT departments when they hear
> the L word:
>
> "We can not fall back on any Linux support in our organisation, and we
> can not mess around with my organisations material and spoil 10 good
> notebooks"
>
> (in the context of using puredyne for a workshop)
>
> cheers,
>
> dave

Sent from my 3 (http://three.co.uk) mobile broadband
   Third world internet for a first world economy.
* 20 bytes/second * 99% packet loss  * 60 second latency
 All for only £20/month (Odious and predatory terms apply)

Josh Lawrence-2 Josh Lawrence-2

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:12 AM, Dave Griffiths <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm going to start collecting quotes from IT departments when they hear
> the L word:

I was told this one time:

"You keep messing around with that Linux stuff and you'll ruin your career."

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com