[puredyne] Gedit Supercollider mode

rooss rooss

[puredyne] Gedit Supercollider mode

Hi,

There are some menu items in puredyne to launch SC with Emacs and Vim.
Is there a way to start gedit automatically with SC mode, so I can make
an menu item for that?

Thanks in advance,

\r
KarlHungus KarlHungus

Re: [puredyne] Gedit Supercollider mode

that would be very handy indeed...
rooss rooss

On 05/13/2011 10:00 AM, KarlHungus wrote:
> that would be very handy indeed...

True, also when people are giving workshops with PureDyne, then you
better start with Gedit instead of learning Emacs first...

\r

2011/5/13 rosea.grammostola <[hidden email]>:

> On 05/13/2011 10:00 AM, KarlHungus wrote:
>>
>> that would be very handy indeed...
>>
>> --
>
> True, also when people are giving workshops with PureDyne, then you better
> start with Gedit instead of learning Emacs first...

Yes that's a good point... I don't know gedit well enough to know if
it's even possible though...? This <http://linux.die.net/man/1/gedit>
suggests there aren't any command-line options we could use to execute
a command.

rooss rooss

On 05/13/2011 10:44 AM, Dan S wrote:

> 2011/5/13 rosea.grammostola<[hidden email]>:
>> On 05/13/2011 10:00 AM, KarlHungus wrote:
>>> that would be very handy indeed...
>>>
>>> --
>> True, also when people are giving workshops with PureDyne, then you better
>> start with Gedit instead of learning Emacs first...
> Yes that's a good point... I don't know gedit well enough to know if
> it's even possible though...? This<http://linux.die.net/man/1/gedit>
> suggests there aren't any command-line options we could use to execute
> a command.
Maybe it's just an matter of enabling SC mode in Gedit by default in
PureDyne? Then when you launch Gedit, you launch it with SC mode turned
on, right?
Not sure which file(s) to edit then.

\r

Re: [puredyne] Gedit Supercollider mode

2011/5/13 rosea.grammostola <[hidden email]>:

> On 05/13/2011 10:44 AM, Dan S wrote:

>>> True, also when people are giving workshops with PureDyne, then you
>>> better
>>> start with Gedit instead of learning Emacs first...
>>
>> Yes that's a good point... I don't know gedit well enough to know if
>> it's even possible though...? This<http://linux.die.net/man/1/gedit>
>> suggests there aren't any command-line options we could use to execute
>> a command.
>
> Maybe it's just an matter of enabling SC mode in Gedit by default in
> PureDyne? Then when you launch Gedit, you launch it with SC mode turned on,
> right?
> Not sure which file(s) to edit then.

I'm not going to be near a puredyne machine for a while but a web
search suggests the config might be in

  ~/.gconf/apps/gnome-settings/gedit/%gconf.xml

so if you could test that it'd be helpful... (enable the plugin, see
if the config file changes). Then if so, it might be safe for us to
put a default config file into skel.

rooss rooss

On 05/13/2011 11:10 AM, Dan S wrote:

> 2011/5/13 rosea.grammostola<[hidden email]>:

>>> Yes that's a good point... I don't know gedit well enough to know if
>>> it's even possible though...? This<http://linux.die.net/man/1/gedit>
>>> suggests there aren't any command-line options we could use to execute
>>> a command.
>> Maybe it's just an matter of enabling SC mode in Gedit by default in
>> PureDyne? Then when you launch Gedit, you launch it with SC mode turned on,
>> right?
>> Not sure which file(s) to edit then.
> I'm not going to be near a puredyne machine for a while but a web
> search suggests the config might be in
>
>    ~/.gconf/apps/gnome-settings/gedit/%gconf.xml
>
> so if you could test that it'd be helpful... (enable the plugin, see
> if the config file changes). Then if so, it might be safe for us to
> put a default config file into skel.
I am willing to test it out. Yesterday my system freezes with SC
running, I turned it of and now my hdd has bad sectors, so I can't boot
that partition anymore (lucid with puredyne sources) :(
Trying to get it up and running now...

Thanks.
\r
rooss rooss

On 05/13/2011 11:13 AM, rosea.grammostola wrote:

> On 05/13/2011 11:10 AM, Dan S wrote:

>>> Maybe it's just an matter of enabling SC mode in Gedit by default in
>>> PureDyne? Then when you launch Gedit, you launch it with SC mode
>>> turned on,
>>> right?
>>> Not sure which file(s) to edit then.
>> I'm not going to be near a puredyne machine for a while but a web
>> search suggests the config might be in
>>
>>    ~/.gconf/apps/gnome-settings/gedit/%gconf.xml
>>
>> so if you could test that it'd be helpful... (enable the plugin, see
>> if the config file changes). Then if so, it might be safe for us to
>> put a default config file into skel.
I have this file in ~/.gconf/apps/gedit-2/plugins

(working on Ubuntu 10.04, with puredyne sources)

See attachment

\r

%gconf.xml (549 bytes) Download Attachment

2011/5/14 rosea grammostola <[hidden email]>:

> On 05/13/2011 11:13 AM, rosea.grammostola wrote:

>>> I'm not going to be near a puredyne machine for a while but a web
>>> search suggests the config might be in
>>>
>>>   ~/.gconf/apps/gnome-settings/gedit/%gconf.xml
>>>
>>> so if you could test that it'd be helpful... (enable the plugin, see
>>> if the config file changes). Then if so, it might be safe for us to
>>> put a default config file into skel.
>
> I have this file in ~/.gconf/apps/gedit-2/plugins
>
> (working on Ubuntu 10.04, with puredyne sources)
>
> See attachment

Thanks - checked it and it works here, so I've committed it to the
default skel. That will be handy, thanks

rooss rooss

On 05/15/2011 10:56 PM, Dan S wrote:

>> I have this file in ~/.gconf/apps/gedit-2/plugins
>>
>> (working on Ubuntu 10.04, with puredyne sources)
>>
>> See attachment
> Thanks - checked it and it works here, so I've committed it to the
> default skel. That will be handy, thanks
Np, thanks.

\r