Quantcast

[puredyne] Gazpacho wacom bamboo support

[puredyne] Gazpacho wacom bamboo support

Hello Puredyne.

I've been delving into Debian live-build, so I have a bit more of an idea now of how the work for this kind of project gets done.  I look forward to trying to contribute more directly in the future.

I was just wondering about what distro Gazpacho is going to be based on?  I just made a live debian based on squeeze but with xfce 4.8 from wheezy pinned to it.  to my pleasant surprise my wacom bamboo tablet just works now.  hoping that is going to be true for Gazpacho as well.  I'd assume so, but just wanted to double check.  I bought the thing a year and a half ago and tried getting it to work (lots of long hours and minimal success) and then just decided to wait.  It seems now that the waiting has paid off.

Thanks

-grant

Re: [puredyne] Gazpacho wacom bamboo support

Hi Grant -

Yeah, debian live-build is interesting is it not? Gazpacho will be
based on ubuntu maverick.

Surprised that you've had wacom problems, mine have always worked OK
on puredyne I think, but that's graphire not bamboo.

Dan

2011/5/12 grant centauri <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Puredyne.
>
> I've been delving into Debian live-build, so I have a bit more of an idea
> now of how the work for this kind of project gets done.  I look forward to
> trying to contribute more directly in the future.
>
> I was just wondering about what distro Gazpacho is going to be based on?  I
> just made a live debian based on squeeze but with xfce 4.8 from wheezy
> pinned to it.  to my pleasant surprise my wacom bamboo tablet just works
> now.  hoping that is going to be true for Gazpacho as well.  I'd assume so,
> but just wanted to double check.  I bought the thing a year and a half ago
> and tried getting it to work (lots of long hours and minimal success) and
> then just decided to wait.  It seems now that the waiting has paid off.
>
> Thanks
>
> -grant

Re: [puredyne] Gazpacho wacom bamboo support

Yeah, the problems were more with my ability to properly compile the driver and configure my xorg.conf... i had it working briefly at some point but this was after lots of trials and tribulations.  seems fine now, though i'm a bit in the dark of how to configure it still.

live-build is great.  the more i dig in the more i love it.  i just had a demo with some middle school kids today and i used 2 different live-builds i've made plus puredyne live and a puppy linux.  its nice to have the ability to boot into different environments on different machines and see what the kids resonate with.

on that note, i think i'd like to try and solve the booting on Mactel problem.  Anyone have any leads?  I did have some success with the advice on the bug report adding some EFI stuff... I got to grub and past into the puredyne boot phase but then hung up on some initramfs stuff.  Not sure why.  Are there issues with initramfs and a FAT32 format?  I assume it would be easy enough to make a modified make-live-device.sh that would make a puredyne install on a FAT32 format and add the EFI stuff.  If that solves the Mactel problem, it would be fantastic, because most of the schools I go into have lots and lots of Macs.