[puredyne] 64bit or 32bit, stupid question

Stefan Thomas-2 Stefan Thomas-2

[puredyne] 64bit or 32bit, stupid question

Dear community,
is the actual version of puredyne based on 64bit or on 32bit?
And, I apologize for this question, but I really don't know, how can I find out if I have a machine that is built for 64bit?
Thanks for Your patience
Stefan

Ricardo Gabriel Herdt Ricardo Gabriel Herdt

Re: [puredyne] 64bit or 32bit, stupid question

Puredyne supports 2 architectures: i386 (32-bit) and x86_64 (64-bit).
Just type in a terminal 'uname -m' to find out yours.

2010/10/13, Stefan Thomas <[hidden email]>:
> Dear community,
> is the actual version of puredyne based on 64bit or on 32bit?
> And, I apologize for this question, but I really don't know, how can I find
> out if I have a machine that is built for 64bit?
> Thanks for Your patience
> Stefan

focal temporal focal temporal

Re: [puredyne] 64bit or 32bit, stupid question

mine's i686?... :|
Ricardo Gabriel Herdt Ricardo Gabriel Herdt

Re: [puredyne] 64bit or 32bit, stupid question

ok, I forgot that puredyne's kernel is compiled for the i686
architecture. It's also 32-bit. The amd64 version on the downloads
section is the 64-bit one.