how to find root password in Puredyne?

miker291 miker291

how to find root password in Puredyne?

I am using Puredyne and am trying to go root in a terminal window and it asks me for my password which I was never asked to enter one at the beginning of the installation (I installed to a hard disk). So how do I go in as root or find out what my root password is? There is no option in this distro to go into a manage groups dialog. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks
ailo ailo

Re: [puredyne] how to find root password in Puredyne?

On 11/27/2010 06:21 AM, miker291 wrote:

> I am using Puredyne and am trying to go root in a terminal window and it asks
> me for my password which I was never asked to enter one at the beginning of
> the installation (I installed to a hard disk). So how do I go in as root or
> find out what my root password is? There is no option in this distro to go
> into a manage groups dialog. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks

To log in as root in Ubuntu try:
sudo su

And enter your user password.
--
ailo

ailo ailo

On 11/27/2010 06:52 AM, ailo wrote:

> On 11/27/2010 06:21 AM, miker291 wrote:
>>
>> I am using Puredyne and am trying to go root in a terminal window and
>> it asks
>> me for my password which I was never asked to enter one at the
>> beginning of
>> the installation (I installed to a hard disk). So how do I go in as
>> root or
>> find out what my root password is? There is no option in this distro
>> to go
>> into a manage groups dialog. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks
>
> To log in as root in Ubuntu try:
> sudo su
>
> And enter your user password.
In "Ubuntu-style", I mean..