best free soundfont

bananaoomarang bananaoomarang

best free soundfont

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had ever come accross a REALY good all-purpose soundfont. I have tried fluid but that is all that I have tried. Also, if there is a way of merging sf2 files together, could you please recomend a good single sounded soundfont such as piano or violin.

Thank you,

Bananaoomarang
davebritton davebritton

Re: [puredyne] best free soundfont

try these:
http://www.hammersound.net/hs_soundfonts.html#Melodic_instruments

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 10:36 -0700, bananaoomarang wrote:
> Hi I was just wondering if anyone had ever come accross a REALY good
> all-purpose soundfont. I have tried fluid but that is all that I have tried.
> Also, if there is a way of merging sf2 files together, could you please
> recomend a good single sounded soundfont such as piano or violin.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Bananaoomarang

bananaoomarang bananaoomarang

Re: [puredyne] best free soundfont

any particular ones, or are they all good?

Re: [puredyne] best free soundfont

what software in puredyne do you use to play with soundfonts ?

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 5:03 AM, bananaoomarang <[hidden email]> wrote:

any particular ones, or are they all good?

bananaoomarang bananaoomarang

Re: best free soundfont

geoffroy tremblay-2 [via Puredyne] writes:

> what software in puredyne do you use to play with soundfonts ?
>
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 5:03 AM, bananaoomarang <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> any particular ones, or are they all good?
>> --

I use fluidsynth (with qsynth gui) rosegarden 10.02 (self compiled) and
jack.