Quantcast

Where are the Repositories

w3rn w3rn

Where are the Repositories

 I installed 9.11 and updated the repositories list but the repositories seem to no longer exist!!!
Where are they? Get a lot of errors.

Thanks
ege ege

Re: Where are the Repositories

If your system is karmic you need to manually update the repo.
So:
make $sudo emacs /etc/apt/source.list
go to edit Replace or Ctrl+Alt+% replace karmic with lucid.
$sudo apt-get update
#sudo apt-get distr-update
Piece_Love_Unity
egelor.tumblr.com
w3rn w3rn

Re: Where are the Repositories

Well I did the updates for lucid and did a boot restart. Now X nor a command prompt comes up!!!!
The last messages shows :

                    Checking battery state
Setting IRQ priorities start [ohci_hcd] irq=20 pid=691 proi=80: ok
Setting IRQ priorities start [ohci_hcd] irq=21 pid=685 prio=80: ok
Setting IRQ priorities start [i8042] irq=1 pid=700 prio=75: ok

Please help
w3rn w3rn

Re: Where are the Repositories

Now X nor a command prompt does not comes up!!!!
w3rn w3rn

Re: Where are the Repositories

I got a command prompt by using  ctrl alt F2
w3rn w3rn

Re: Where are the Repositories

I am running sudo apt-get -f install. It seems like it is trying to install a desktop.
w3rn w3rn

Re: {SOLVED] Where are the Repositories

That last command did it for me. The update/upgrade complete!!!
ege ege

Re: {SOLVED] Where are the Repositories

Everything is meshed up... Why the Karmic Server is off and why the Lucid cant upgrade my system.
I'm having an exhibition tomorrow and puredyne once more left me freeze.
The puredyne rt kernel is great but so unstable.
Piece_Love_Unity
egelor.tumblr.com
Miguel Negrao Miguel Negrao

Re: [puredyne] {SOLVED] Where are the Repositories

A 13/12/2011, às 15:12, ege escreveu:

> Everything is meshed up... Why the Karmic Server is off and why the Lucid
> cant upgrade my system.
> I'm having an exhibition tomorrow and puredyne once more left me freeze.
> The puredyne rt kernel is great but so unstable.

I had the same issue. In /etc/apt/sources.list the servers need to be changed from archive.ubuntu. to old-releases.ubuntu, then it should work.

best,
Miguel Negrão