Soundcard only detected by system when pluged into electricity?

focal temporal focal temporal

Soundcard only detected by system when pluged into electricity?

Hi,

I'm testing puredyne with my sound card Line 6 Toneport UX1, and it's working fine, BUT i can manage it only when my laptop (HP DV7) is working trough AC power...
Is this problem of the sound card driver, or from the puredyne itself?

By the way, when I shutdown my laptop on battery mode, or reboot or something, it doesn't boot properly, stops on "... crypto disks something" and then the cursor alows keyboard input, like I can actually write stuff...

Peace
babagau babagau

Re: Soundcard only detected by system when pluged into electricity?

it is a usb port right? Probably the the battery does not send enough or maybe at all power through usb. You could check the usb power settings at the bios. About the "crypto discs" this happens to many people who have their discs encrypted. Check here https://bugs.launchpad.net/puredyne-kernel/+bug/485858