Quantcast

Removing the "Please remove the disc..." step

iderao iderao

Removing the "Please remove the disc..." step

Hi everyone!
for a work installation I need to program the computer turning off.
How can I get rid of the "Please remove the disc..." step as it shuts down by itself ?
Stephane

Re: [puredyne] Removing the "Please remove the disc..." step

iderao said :

> Hi everyone!
> for a work installation I need to program the computer turning off.
> How can I get rid of the "Please remove the disc..." step as it shuts down
> by itself ?

you need to pass "quickreboot" as kernel boot argument.

Hey by the way,
If you have customized a few things for your install, it would be nice
to get some user story/HOWTO on your experience, for example so far we
have:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Puredyne/RDEX_gallery_installation
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Puredyne/Live_music_from_a_netbook

more to come...

iderao iderao

Re: [puredyne] Removing the "Please remove the disc..." step

If I understand it right, I need to modify starting instructions inside my grub's puredyne section ?
I'm not too familiar with kernel argument syntax.
Where shall I insert the quickreboot argument? Here's my puredyne section:

menuentry "Puredyne" {
        recordfail=1
        if [ -n ${have_grubenv} ]; then save_env recordfail; fi
        set quiet=1
        insmod ext2
        set root=(hd0,6)
        search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 39b55f43-4745-4777-bb52-907942c1a56c
        linux /live/vmlinuz ramdisk_size=1000000 boot=live persistent username=lintian hostname=puredyne
        initrd /live/initrd.img
}

Thanks for your help! I'll give a word on the wiki when me work'll be over.
steph

iderao said :

> If I understand it right, I need to modify starting instructions inside my
> grub's puredyne section ?
> I'm not too familiar with kernel argument syntax.
> Where shall I insert the quickreboot argument? Here's my puredyne section:
>
> menuentry "Puredyne" {
>         recordfail=1
>         if [ -n ${have_grubenv} ]; then save_env recordfail; fi
> set quiet=1
> insmod ext2
> set root=(hd0,6)
> search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 39b55f43-4745-4777-bb52-907942c1a56c
> linux /live/vmlinuz ramdisk_size=1000000 boot=live persistent
> username=lintian hostname=puredyne
> initrd /live/initrd.img
> }

Yes, you need put it after hostname=puredyne (or anywhere else on the
same line after linux /live/vmlinuz should work too)

> Thanks for your help! I'll give a word on the wiki when me work'll be over.

great!